Review of Life Rotten Tomatoes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Natalie Theis de Pareja
Currently Reading: Scenes, Stories & Scripts
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalie-theis-de-pareja.html
Latest Review: Toxie Puff Boy's Travel Guide To The Garden State by Anthony Zaza

Review of Life Rotten Tomatoes

Post by Natalie Theis de Pareja »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Life Rotten Tomatoes" by Mallory James.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life! Rotten Tomatoes, by Mallory James, is a novel about the author's experience with paranormal phenomena. Mallory sees and hears things most other people cannot see and hear. This phenomenon begins when she is a young girl. Her mother thinks she may be crazy and sends her to a psychologist. However, unbeknownst to their mother, two out of three of Mallory's half-siblings have similar abilities to her. The phenomena range from the author and her son seeing shadow people to body possession by multiple people and many other things. Unfortunately, Mallory has the worst luck with jobs, roommates, family, boyfriends, and husbands. Only when her son is grown does her life seem to turn around. Join Mallory on her journey where she meets famous people, including the President of the United States, in the most unusual circumstances!

The only thing I liked about this book was the author's interactions with famous people. It left me wondering who else she would meet.

There are so many things I found negative about this book. First, there are so many grammatical errors that it was impossible to read this book in one sitting. I had to keep rereading passages to try and figure out what the author was trying to say. Second, there are an enormous amount of punctuation errors. There are missing quotation marks and excessive exclamation marks, among other things. Third, there are many typographical errors. I noticed many unnecessary words and even more incorrectly spelled words. Fourth, the story was complicated to follow. It jumped around so much that you lost track of when something was happening. In addition, it was so confusing that it seemed like the author got confused in the timeline. For example, in the first paragraph of Chapter 6, she wrote, "I was twenty when I finally moved out. I was twenty-six. My husband and I lived together for about two years before we were married. I was twenty when we married." Last, a large number of sentences were illegible. Even reading them several times left me unclear about what the author meant.

Unfortunately, I have to rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. With all of the mistakes in the book, I was tempted only to assign it 1 star. However, giving it only 1 star would be unfair as the book's subject is fascinating.

I recommend this book mainly to those interested in paranormal phenomena. The reader should be mature as there are multiple instances of sexual activity.

Life Rotten Tomatoes
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I understand how frustrating it must have been to read this book considering the poor writing and all the errors. I probably wouldn't have finished reading this book.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

Sounds interesting but the amount of mistakes u mentioned will definitely turn u away from reading it. It shows that the author and the editor has done a sloppy job .
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”