Review of Famous!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Review of Famous!

Post by Marsha JJ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Famous!" by Riano D. McFarland.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sometimes we need to take our dreams from the back shelf and move them front and center once again. In Riano D. McFarland’s great novel Famous!, this is exactly the situation that Alexander Myles finds himself in. After working at a mundane job for over a decade, he’s finally ready to pursue his dream of becoming famous.

Alexander hit the road in a classic 1968 Chevy Impala, the car that was his father’s pride and joy. As Alexander starts his journey, he begins to find out some surprising things about the history of the car that will lead him to a better understanding of himself. Along the way, he gets caught up in meeting people who were already familiar with the car. This leads to some interesting twists and turns on his road to becoming famous. There’s even a romance along the way. This excellent book will take you on a journey of adventure, discovery, connections, and family bonds. Famous! is a story about taking that first step towards making your dreams come true.

I was smiling at the author’s artful writing from the very beginning, and I knew this was a book I would enjoy. McFarland is a creative writer and a great storyteller. This book is a very engaging read. In addition to the entertaining story, I appreciated that there’s also a larger theme of pursuing one’s passion and purpose. Romantic love and the importance of family are also themes that are explored. McFarland was effective in slowly revealing the secrets of the Chevy Impala’s history as the narrative began to unfold. In turn, Alexander learned more about his family and himself. Overall, there was a lot in the book that held my attention.

I’m not a car enthusiast, so the parts of the book that were focused on the car and car racing were not my favorite parts. However, this didn’t detract from my enthusiasm of the book. If you are a car enthusiast, you are going to really love it. I didn’t have any major criticisms of the book. It was well crafted and professionally edited. Given my enjoyment of the book, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

Famous! will appeal to readers who appreciate interesting narratives with excellent character development. Those with a passion for classic cars will especially enjoy this book. I recommend it to those who want to be inspired to take that first step toward a long-held dream.

Famous!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t really understand how a car can lead to knowing oneself better and even realizing that one likes oneself. Since I’ve never had that experience this might be a difficult book for me to immerse myself in.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

Making dreams come true: yes! Classic cars: not for me. Yet, since the author generously offered the book for free, I will read it since I love the idea of pursuing a dream, it's never too late for that.
Domeseo Camus Meda
Currently Reading: The Stealthy Viral Pimpernel
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-domeseo-camus-meda.html
Latest Review: The Beautiful Business by Steven Morris

Post by Domeseo Camus Meda »

A BOOK BY RIANO D.MCFARLAND WHICH TELLS THE STORY OF ALEXANDER WHO AFTER SPENDING 10 YEARS IN A MUNDANE JOB DECIDED TO PURSUE AN OLD DREAMS BY HITTING THE ROAD IN A CLASSIC 1968 CHEVY IMPALA CAR.
A BOOK FOR FANS OF CLASSIC CARS AND INSPIRED.GOOD REVIEW
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

I love stories that inspire us to follow our dreams. However, I'm slightly confused about how the car pushed Alexander to change directions. I will have to keep reading to find out. Also, I am not a car person myself, but I do love a success story.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Jorge Leon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

The story of Alexander Myles and his Chevy Impala seems very inspiring on how to take those first steps towards fulfilling your dreams. Also, it includes adventures, discoveries, family ties, and romance. I am a car enthusiast, so I think this book would please me.
Alida Spies
Currently Reading: Circle Of Pearls
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alida-spies.html
Latest Review: The Time Cave - Spanish Main by Trevor Anderson
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 57%

Post by Alida Spies »

Alexander is part of a family where his brother and sister are highly successful people. However, nobody outside of their immediate circle of family and friends knows about them. For Alexander, his measure of success is fame and so he sets out on his quest to obtain it.

Thank you for the great review!
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 758
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Life at the Precipice by R.F. Vincent

Post by Bertha Jackson »

Following your dreams is important to one's life. You only live once. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

This sounds like an interesting book. Taking the first step to achieve your dream is the hardest. I want to congratulate the author fo thus well written book. Thanks for the review.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 85551
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1313%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Book of the day BOTD is fiction Alexander finds himself after working a mundane job for decades and ready to pursue her dream .her siblings were undoubtedly among the best in selected field. Alexander had no idea on his road to success but when he set out search for his destiny in 1968 driving Chevy which he inherited from his dad were he discovered the history of Chevy the adventure that changed the life of Alexander ..such an amazing book for those who like classic cars it was well written and reviewed I will recommend it
Towfiq Juma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-towfiq-juma.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Post by Towfiq Juma »

I am deeply drawn to narratives that ignite inspiration and encourage individuals to pursue their dreams, unearthing their true potential along the journey.
Slayermist
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Slayermist »

I really related to Alexander, not on being a 40 year old rich man, but rather on having no real sense of purpose and lacking ambition towards life in general. I also loved the details of classic cars included in the book, as I'm an avid car lover(and definitely recommed this to other car lovers) and the memory filled journey Alexander goes through to achieve his dream. Hope to read more like this!
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 814
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

From the engaging narrative to the surprising twists, Famous! by Riano D. McFarland is a must-read for dreamers seeking adventure, love, and self-discovery. I can't wait to embark on Alexander's journey!
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Girls in the Hall by Tony Andras
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

This review really inspired me to read this book. You made it seem like this book would be so much fun. Great review!
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Triciat50
Favorite Book: The Luminaries
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-triciat50.html
Latest Review: The Miracle of Ramadan by Wassim Hijazi

Post by Triciat50 »

This book sounds like a really fun read. Sadly, Alexander Myles was born decades too early. These days with the internet it's so much easier for someone who's purpose in life is to become famous to succeed. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”