Review of A girl with five ties

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Timothee22
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: David Schwarzkopf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothee22.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 248826

Review of A girl with five ties

Post by Timothee22 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A girl with five ties" by Dr.nn.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A girl with five ties by Dr.nn is a work of fiction about a woman who has been through a lot in her life.

Smith Chloe was sexually abused by her mom's boyfriend when he was a kid. This affected her mentally and sexually as she grew older. Chloe had started studying for her Ph.D., but unfortunately, she was assigned to the dark, sadist, and narcissistic Dr. Rein. Being assigned by Dr. Rein made life hell for her. She engaged in a sexual relationship with Chuck, an older professor in her school, Joel, and she had just broken up with Arjun. She would also deprive herself of high-calorie foods, which affected her health. On the day of acquiring her Ph.D., she was faced with a dilemma she unconsciously created for herself, a dilemma that would later influence her health and life in general.

A girl with five ties by Dr.nn is a story of a lady that literally went through hell in the hands of an older man when she was little. This is the first book by the author, and the story is inspired by true-life events. The book was brilliantly written, and the writing style was simple enough for readers to read through and enjoy.

I love how the author tries to portray how parents' actions could influence their kids later in life. Chloe had lost her father when he was a kid. Her mother was dating a man who would molest and abuse Chloe sexually. This is also coupled with the fact that her mother would not believe her or shun her when she tried to explain what happened. This affected her mentally and psychologically. She became a sex addict, and this action led to some consequences.

Also, the author subtly used the opportunity of her work to educate the public on the detrimental effects of alcohol consumption. This is shown through the main character, as it later affected her socially and health-wise. Also, I love how the author used this work to expose gender stereotypes in the academic world. I might have been aware of this, but most people are not aware of this. Women, generally, are not being taken seriously, especially in the research space.

However, a part of the story I didn't really like was the ending. I didn't expect it to end that way. It was supposed to add an element of suspense, but it was rather a sad one. Well, this won't affect the rating. I would give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I only found one error, so I believe it was professionally edited. This book contains profanities and disturbing content. Therefore, I would recommend this to older readers. I would also recommend it to people who have gone through a difficult phase of life.

A girl with five ties
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

Chloe life is such a mess. It's quite unfortunate that her mom was not observant enough to notice what happened to her. Parents have a lot to learn from this book. Great review.
Juliet Keith
Currently Reading: Think and Live Longer
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-keith.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by Juliet Keith »

The way Chloe's mother doesn't believe her when she tries to say that she's being molested just shows how much feelings blind parents. It's just sad. How dos she believe a man she just met and not believe her own daughter?
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

This book seems to bring to light an important topic in family life; the children-parent relationship. If we get this right, half of the societal issues will be solved.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
christabel francisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by christabel francisca »

This is a great book that shows how parents actions influence their children's life in the future. Great review.
Ruhaan kphurana
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ruhaan kphurana »

OMG what a book is this,in this book many things are shown which are very realistic and with which many people can relate himself or herself life. It is a very good story from the point of view of readers because this story describes the problem of the girl who had to gone through this.
Ivan Mukaaga
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivan-mukaaga.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Ivan Mukaaga »

“On the day of acquiring her Ph.D., she was faced with a dilemma she unconsciously created for herself, a dilemma that would later influence her health and life in general”. Which dilemma was this? It seems I need to give this book a short. Thanks for the good review.
Mr Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-excellence.html
Latest Review: Four Critical Days by Edward Vogler

Post by Mr Excellence »

This book is educating. The behaviors of parents really matters in children upbringing.
I just hope Chloe gets a good life.
Victoria Ukamaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

Chloe's mother clearly has her personal interest above her daughter's welfare. As a parent, if you bring a child into this world, that child should become your number one priority. This story is an intriguing one. Great review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”