Review of The Nic Thorn Caper Series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Timothee22
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: David Schwarzkopf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothee22.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 248826

Review of The Nic Thorn Caper Series

Post by Timothee22 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Nic Thorn Caper Series" by jamesbyronbooks.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Nic Thorn Caper Series by jamesbyronbooks is a story about the adventures of Nic and Rose, an adventure that started online and would transpire in real life and more.

Rose Palmer's uncle, Uncle Albert, had been deceased for a while now and Rose needed a “+1” to come with her to the burial. Well, she got her “+1” on a dating app and it happened to be Nic Thorn, a total stranger. Rose would later know what Nic was capable of as Nic was witty, chatty, and intelligent. Nic is also a private investigator and she would later hire Rose and her friend, Sandy, for future investigations. Rose would later get attracted to Nic's wit and intelligence but she discovered Nic has been going out with some women. How did she react to this discovery?

The Nic Thorn Caper Series by jamesbyronbooks is the first book in this series. It is a story that focuses on several characters, especially Rose Palmer. This is a fast-read, adventurous story and would be ideal for readers who love stories they would want to finish reading quickly.

I love Nic's character. A witty, intelligent guy. He just seems to know what to say at the right time. He is a typical guy everyone would want to hang out with. He is probably the life of the story. I got to love him more when he portrayed a quality of a gentleman and he seems like a type who would protect his woman at all cost. Also, this story allows me to see a glimpse of what goes on in rich homes and communities. I got to see their lifestyles, their business dealings, how they handle finances, and so on.

Also, the inclusion of humor in the story added a bit of fun to the story, especially at the beginning of the story. I got glued to the story immediately. This is actually brilliant from the author and this is because I love stories that are laced with humor. Also, if you are a lover of music, especially if you love The Beatles, you will love this book as the author made several references to many of their songs.

However, there is a dislike I have for this book. The story started with a bit of fun to me but lacked pace and suspense towards the end. The humor got a bit dried up and the author introduced some characters I couldn't really process their backgrounds. For this reason, I would rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars. The book was professionally edited because I only found one error.

I would recommend this book to lovers of light, quick-read stories and to people who love investigation stories.

The Nic Thorn Caper Series
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Nic sounds very promising as a hero and the humor is a nice touch, but it’s too bad that the story ended do slowly.
Victoria Ukamaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

I always like it when there is an inclusion of humour in a story. The comic reliefs always stays longer in my memory. I think I would enjoy this book. Nice review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”