Review of ‘Out of the Jaws of Death’

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of ‘Out of the Jaws of Death’

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "‘Out of the Jaws of Death’" by Anand Vardhan.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We can define "business" as a concept in various ways. It can be simply said to involve the exchange of commodities or services between two or more people. This is a business story about a chickpea business transaction.

Syed Abu Bakr, who is Peter's agent in the Middle East, brought a business deal with Ibrahim about the future rise in the price of chickpeas because of its scarcity because of the upcoming Ramadan and Eid celebrations. Peter accepted the deal after researching it and also involving other business executives. Suphakhoi, one of the business participants, contacted some of the agricultural business owners he knew to purchase chickpeas, but their prices were too high for him. Just as he was about to give up, Shandy presented a price that seemed to be fair to Suphakhoi. Was the price fair enough? Did the business go as planned? Read Out of the Jaws of Death to find out the answers to these and other questions. 

The author, Anand Vardhan, adequately described each character, avoiding any form of confusion while reading. When a new character is mentioned, he gives the personal and business background of the character. I could also learn and relate to some of the business concepts. I agree with the concept of not mixing pleasure with business. This is one of the most popular sayings among business moguls. It is a way of making them stay focused on executing business deals and contracts. 

This book contains important virtues and values that any successful business owner should possess. As a businessperson, for example, you are expected to look for opportunities in situations such as expected scarcity, which can generate more revenue if one can project into the future. 

I felt the author would have defined some terms, such as a letter of credit, proforma invoice, etc., probably at the end of the story to aid novices in better understanding the content of the book. Also, I noticed some errors while reading. The author may consider giving it another round of editions. As a result, I will give it a rating of three out of four stars. I gave it a three star because of the positive aspects mentioned above. The story was progressive and moved in sequence, making it interesting. 

I would recommend this book to business people or anyone who wants to start up a business because they will learn the rudiments of a successful business and tactics for closing business deals.

‘Out of the Jaws of Death’
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am confused by the title and genre of this book.While I got a business degree I have concluded that I am not forward-thinking enough to be a really good businessperson. Like you mentioned this leads to success.
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

I like that included with a good storyline are lessons which businesspeople will find enlightening. What better way to learn that to have fun doing it?
Chrity Edwin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrity-edwin.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chrity Edwin »

I'm not the kind of person that is so into business, but your review is giving me the reason to think itherwise.
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

This would be a very good book to read to learn more about business or handling a business. You review is informative. Great review
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

Having an adequate knowledge of how the market moves are very important as a business person. Your review is such an eye-opener.
Valeria Riveraa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-riveraa.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Valeria Riveraa »

Well... I don't really think I'll be reading this book. Business is something that I don't really fancy even though it's fast growing in today's world. A business storyline is something I'm not intrigued by. I'll pass on reading this. Thanks for the review though.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

Business deals should be reviewed carefully when venturing into them. I admire the fact that the writer explained each character represented appropriately.
Jeremiah Ekene
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jeremiah Ekene »

Pleasure and business, not a good combination. Thanks for the review 😁
Mary Bliss
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawman-3.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Mary Bliss »

Having an adequate knowledge of how the market moves are very important as a business person. Your review is such an eye-opener.
Mary Bliss
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawman-3.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Mary Bliss »

Having an adequate knowledge of how the market moves are very important as a business person. Your review is such an eye-opener. I must commend the author's effort here.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”