Review of The Surgeon's Wife

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review of The Surgeon's Wife

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Surgeon's Wife" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love is beautiful, but it is perceived differently by every individual. The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles is a book that delves deep into the true meaning of love and what it means to compromise. The book explores the themes of achievement, family, and devotion.

This book is divided into three parts and consists of thirty-seven chapters. It focuses on a man's journey through loyalty and ethics. The first part gives the reader a glimpse into the life of Mike Boudreaux and his mentor Clayton, both surgeons. Although they were friends, Mike and Clayton hailed from different backgrounds. The various manner in which they handle their relationship and work life are focused on in this part. In the book's second part, the reader learns about both surgeon practices and their various stances. It also brings to the limelight feelings buried by Clayton's wife, Catherine. The concluding part of the book focuses on the aftermath of decisions made by Mike, Clayson, and other characters. Read this book to discover the extent to which family plays a vital role in shaping one's future.

William H. Coles uses simple language to convey the intended message, which helps the reader to flow with the book's focus. Although the book delves into the medical field, the author makes it relatable for every reader notwithstanding. The characters are well developed, and the continuity of each event is superb. An example is Mike's relationship with Rosie in the first part which was later brought up in the concluding part. Every character had a message to pass across, and was well delivered. For instance, Clayton and Catherine's daughter Mellissa showed the reader the effect of not being trusted by one's parents.

I loved every aspect of the book and found it hard to put it down. Every event in the book kept me hooked on discovering what would happen next. In addition, I appreciate how the author gives every character a voice of their own. My favorite character is Mike. Although he had flaws, he was willing to risk everything for love. He was hardworking, and this paid off by him being the best in his field. His character taught me the importance of making timely decisions. I also loved how the characters range from different age groups; it showcases that the author considers the reader.

There is nothing I dislike about this book. Therefore, I rate The Surgeon's Wife 4 out of 4 stars because it contains valuable lessons that will help the reader to reflect deeply on every action they take. I encountered a few grammatical errors, but they did not impede my reading process.

I recommend this book to people who have difficulty defining their relationships with others, especially regarding their love life. Readers will understand what it means to stand up for what is right, even when it means hurting those you care for.

The Surgeon's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Okorji98
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okorji98.html
Latest Review: The Reason Under fire by Abdulmouti Souwed

Post by Okorji98 »

The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles is a book that delves deep into the true meaning of love and what it means to compromise. Wonderful review.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

Your review indeed reminds me of this book. I agree with you that it delve into love compromise. And it also talks a lot on Surgical terms.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I do like a novel that discusses a relationship between two men. Lots of them focus on the women involved. I am also curious about what happens to Melissa. It too bad not to be trusted by one’s own parents.
Duwire Banda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-duwire-banda.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Duwire Banda »

I love that the book explores themes of family and achievement. Great review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”