Review of Wonders in the Waves

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of Wonders in the Waves

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wonders in the Waves" by Jennifer Collins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wonders in the Waves by Jennifer Collins embodies the grief and misery of losing a loved one. Larissa is a fifty-one-year-old lady who embarks on a quest to be united with her son. She was only sixteen when Everett was taken away from her after his birth. Also, Emma, who happened to be her daughter, died almost a year ago. While going through the trauma of losing Emma, she begins a search for Everett. This could drain her emotionally. But her willingness to succeed in her quest will reveal a lot about this tale, as her adventure will take this story on another path.

At the beginning of every chapter, a quote conveys the essence of that chapter and the plot. This enables a better and more satisfying read. I anticipated the beginning of every chapter due to this feature, as they were my favorite parts of the book.

This book is effectively written. It provides useful tips to help those in the narrator's predicament. The transitions due to how life presents itself can never be overemphasized. I love how the book is modeled to fit a particular purpose. Larissa's story was entirely a life experience that tells how we are surrounded by circumstances that shape us.

Larissa is a beautiful soul who wishes to reconnect with her son. Her search for Everett took us on an emotional tour. Reading this book makes me believe anything is attainable with persistence. Larissa's relentless pursuit in search of her son, even in the most trying times of her life, was one part of the book that I found very inspiring. Also, I would love to include how Larissa's perseverance in the book was aided by people who would give anything to make her happy. She drew her strength from the loving people around her. Her counselor, Marie, did a great job. The stories were all connected. I love how the storyline relates. Every part was linked together.

Larissa's role in the book shows the extraordinary bond between a mother and her child. I found nothing negative about this book. The book is perfectly written, which aids easy understanding. I enjoyed every part of the book. While reading, I found just a few errors. Overall, I rate Wonders in the Waves by Jennifer Collins 4 out of 4 stars.

I will gladly recommend this book to parents grieving a child, as it will appeal to them more.

Wonders in the Waves
View: on Bookshelves
Yasmine M
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

What an inspiring story! Larissa's quest is not the easiest, I am wondering if she will find her son at last. She is lucky to have a good supporting system in the people around her.
Okorji98
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okorji98.html
Latest Review: The Reason Under fire by Abdulmouti Souwed

Post by Okorji98 »

Wonders in the Waves by Jennifer Collins is purely a sympathetic story of Larissa's predicament. The book embodies the grief and misery of losing a loved one. Great review.
Duwire Banda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-duwire-banda.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Duwire Banda »

I like the emotive nature of the book as the review indicates. Such books are always my cup of tea. Great review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”