Review of Einstein In Vietnam

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review of Einstein In Vietnam

Post by Mozi Ken »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Einstein In Vietnam" by marty beebe.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

For most of us, when we hear the name Einstein, one great man usually comes to mind. The great physicist, Albert Einstein. But Einstein in the book, Einstein in Vietnam, was no physicist. He left his mark in the military and not in science. This book was written by Marty Beebe.

Einstein was a private in the US army. While fighting in Vietnam, he saw and experienced firsthand the effects corruption, greed, and racism can have on the country. Despite not having witnessed or experienced war myself, I could feel, from the content of this book, the pain of soldiers. There were painful events of them losing their body parts, their sense of right and wrong, and their lives while fighting a war they didn't understand. Being a private didn't stop Einstein from having a mind of his own. He had the mind of a leader. So this did not always put him in the most favorable light with his superiors. They could neither understand nor stand his guts. What were the things he did? I'll let you find out as you read the book.

There was a lot of tension, a lot of pain, and a lot of death going on in the book. So I appreciated the author's addition of humor to it. One such example was at the beginning. Einstein was ordered to get a haircut. But he decided that a mohawk would suit him best. The village men, seeing this, had their hair cut in the same way too. This development was hilarious, but it wasn't expected or welcomed by Einstein's commanding officer. It's not every day that one meets the love of their life in a war. This was why I enjoyed reading about the romance between Einstein and Carol.

There were some things that I did not like in this book. There was no clear description of the characters. This made it impossible for me to picture them in my head. The characters were many as well. At some point in the book, I lost track of who was who and what they were supposed to be doing. There were some technical terms I didn't understand. It would have helped if the author had provided a glossary for them.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I took off a star because of the things I disliked in the book. The vague description of the characters would affect a reader's imagination. The number of characters in the book might confuse a reader. A layman would find it difficult to understand some of the terms used in this book that are related to the army. I recommend this book to adults who enjoy action and suspense novels. I also recommend it to those who like reading war stories.

Einstein In Vietnam
View: on Bookshelves
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thanks for a great review. I do like war stories and getting into the depth of things. Einstein’s story sounds interesting in how his personality doesn’t suit his position and I am definitely interested in the outcomes of that.
Bef Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

The concept of this book seemed very interesting and I would love to know more about Einstein and how he left his mark in the army. This was a lovely review. Keeo it up.
Wash William
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wash-william.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Wash William »

I love how you cleared us because my mind was already made up that this book is about a great scientist. In the context of this book, we see the courageous Einstein. I love your review it is very insightful.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

You are right! When I saw this book's title, my mind went straight to Albert Einstein immediately. Without reading this review, I would have thought that this book is about Albert Einstein and science.
Larabs Josh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-michael.html
Latest Review: The Aglaril Cycle by Rich Feitelberg

Post by Larabs Josh »

I might not like the book's cover but I do like the title. It's a bit of a genius. I was all thinking Einstein, the scientist was the one in Vietnam fighting a war.
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

A military Einstein sounds like an exciting read. I wonder what similarities exist between the fictional character and Albert Einstein himself. Nice review.
FunkyFlowerLady
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

Amazing review! You've perfectly summed up the gist of the book in your review.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

I must say the title of the book is quite catchy. Einstein poses to be a strong character with his own principles. I'll love to know more his character. Thanks for the review.
Chukwuemeka Ezema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuemeka-ezema.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chukwuemeka Ezema »

I appreciated the way the author uses a humorous tone to deliver this book focused on dark things. He did a great job. Thanks for the review.
third agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-third-agbata.html
Latest Review: The Ant Called Tiny by Miles Phillip Lewis

Post by third agbata »

Your review has aggravated my urge to take a glimpse of this book. Soldiers, no matter what, are to be given first-hand respect in our societies.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Honestly, military officials go thorough a lot, especially the younger ones. They are compelled to follow orders from greedy, heartless men who hide from the public and send men to die for nothing. The Vietnam War was a waste of time and lives. With Einstein's bold qualities, what does he do in this event? I'd love to know. Nice review.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Donald Kelvin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judith-chinwe.html
Latest Review: High Wire by Kam Majd

Post by Donald Kelvin »

Some of this leaders in the military would not understand the plight those on ground are facing. I'd like to know how Einstein effected a change on their narrative. Amazing review.
Latest Review: High Wire by Kam Majd
ometanoghenetejiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ometanoghenetejiri.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by ometanoghenetejiri »

The title of this book is captivating. However, I would pass on this one. Reading your review was exciting and fun.
Nice job.
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

When I first saw this book, the cover didn't catch my attention, but after reading your fantastic review, I'm definitely going to read it next. Einstein appears to be a fascinating character to learn about.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”