Review of The Last Bachelor of Ales

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vivian Stones
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-stones.html
Latest Review: The Silicon Divide by Danielle Nowell

Review of The Last Bachelor of Ales

Post by Vivian Stones »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Last Bachelor of Ales" by Peter T Elliott.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jason Johnstone is an engineer who finally comes to terms with life when one night, he finds himself sitting alone at a pub that he and his friends have frequented ever since college. He wondered what had happened. Well, life happened, especially with them having to deal with their careers, marriages, and even kids.

He soon gets company from one of the regulars, Moses, while he is sitting alone at the pub. He has conversations about life and purpose with him. He soon gets to ponder these things. His life begins to change, from first asking the elevator girl, Colleen, out to getting promoted and also needing to keep his sanity and dignity intact because of the nature of his work. Do you think all will be well with him?

The Last Bachelor of Ales by Peter T. Elliott is a wonderful read. There are so many lessons to be learned. I liked how relatable the characters were in the book. Peter T Elliott did an excellent job on the characterization in the book. The friendship between Jason, Colleen, Moses, and Maria didn't go unnoticed. The dialogue between the characters was very clever, and the advice Moses gave to everyone coming across him was mesmerizing. The kindness of the characters with each other was one to be reckoned with. Certainly, Peter T. Elliott did an excellent job on the characters.

I loved everything about this novel. The pace was perfect. The conversations the characters had with each other were beautiful. Jason's desire to live a faithful and honest life was something I related with. His respect for Colleen and everyone around him was really beautiful to read. I loved that Moses was very clever and always had the right things to say to people. I appreciated the fact that Jason was kind to people and understood them. He respected them and always talked politely to them. I must say, this book was exceptionally well edited, as I didn't find any errors in the book.

Although I would have loved for Jason to have had more conversations with Charles and get to meet Moses and draw knowledge from him, it still doesn't affect my judgment of the book. Therefore, I rate this book four out of four stars. I enjoyed this one, and in consideration of the positive aspects I mentioned, I did not see any reason to remove a star from my rating. I personally appreciated the fact that it didn't contain any errors.

I recommend this book to adults and teenagers, as it would be educative to them.

The Last Bachelor of Ales
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It’s got to be hard being the only one in your friend group no to have a family, you’d be jealous. However, the friends with families would be jealous of all your “free time”. The grass is always greener.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

It’s one painful thing that at an old age, while mesmerizing about our youthful life, to find out that life happened to us, especially in not a good way. It’s good to see the main character taking charge of his life.
Josephine Mercy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephine-mercy.html
Latest Review: In the Shadow of an Irish God by SD Barry

Post by Josephine Mercy »

The review was detailed in the review. I will love to read more about Jason Johnstone.
Michaeleedsy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeleedsy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Michaeleedsy »

I love the main character's desire, and I admire the bond he shared with his friends. The author did a good job in the characterization of this book. Thanks for your honest review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”