Review of The Coming

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 757
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Life at the Precipice by R.F. Vincent

Review of The Coming

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Coming" by David Heeren.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Coming: Footpath to the End of the Age by David Heeren is a Christian-fiction book based on biblical scriptures about the end of time. Former United States President Charles Morgen and his wife, Vera, believe that the biblical prophecy of the Lord’s second coming is getting near, and current President Adam is the Antichrist. Christians are being persecuted, murdered, and sent to labor camps. Charles and Vera were declared fugitives because they believed that Charles was one of God’s witnesses. Charles delivered prophecies every time he felt God’s spirit hoping that by providing these prophecies to the public, more people would turn to faith in God and be saved from God’s wrath. On the run, Vera and Charles head into the Appalachian Mountains to look for signs that the second coming of the Lord is near. Why do Vera and Charles believe President Adam is the Antichrist? Is the second coming of Christ around the corner? What are the signs that Vera and Charles are looking for?

In this excellent book, the author uses scriptures and prophecies from the Bible to demonstrate God’s anger and the second coming of Christ. Each of the seven signs was vividly described and easy to picture. All the characters are fully developed, and they could be someone who lives next door. The author nicely placed the different phrases from the various books of the Bible within the narrative to correspond with the events. I appreciate that the author was not preachy by pushing his beliefs but left the reader to determine if the biblical facts supported the story. I especially enjoyed that the author clarifies that God and the Bible do not judge individuals based on their sexual preference, color, race, or appearance. The concept that everyone is a sinner is clearly explained.

I have only two recommendations for David Heeren. The first is to place the biblical passages in italics to differentiate them from the rest of the narrative. The second is to have a professional editor edit the book. A couple of times, I had trouble telling the difference between the Bible’s prophecies and Charles’s. Other than these, there was nothing I disliked about the book. This thought-provoking book makes the reader think about what the second coming of Christ will be like.

I consider the issue with the biblical passages not being in italics a personal preference; therefore, I am deducting only one star because of the lack of professional editing. Therefore, my rating for this book is 3 out of 4 stars. I had no reason to deduct any more stars because I enjoyed reading this thought-provoking book.

Readers who enjoy reading adventure books that have scriptures from the Bible are the audience I recommend this book to. Individuals who do not believe in God and His powers may not enjoy this book as much as those who believe.

The Coming
View: on Bookshelves
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Dayna Frank
Favorite Book: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayna-frank.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Dayna Frank »

This is a great review!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Books about the second coming of Christ are always favorites of mine.No one really know when it will be and it is veery difficult to truly know what the signs are, but I really like to know the opinions of others.
Michaeleedsy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeleedsy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Michaeleedsy »

It is not every time that I get to read books that are based on the Christian faith. This work of fiction is an intriguing one that I will love to read because I'd love to see the author's perspective about the end of time. Thanks for your honest review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”