Review of Your Passport to Alternative Spirituality and the Afterlife

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Your Passport to Alternative Spirituality and the Afterlife

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Your Passport to Alternative Spirituality and the Afterlife" by Maureen Perez.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Various religious denominations have conflicted feelings about different beliefs. I encountered a Christian who thought that Muslims not eating pork was hypocrisy. Others reason that atheists have a mental issue for not believing in God. A person's religious and spiritual decisions are not for us to judge.

“God doesn't care about labels,” says the author. This statement drew me closer to the volume because of its open-mindedness, so I perused further, hoping to be more enlightened. The author asked some thought-provoking questions about nature and spirituality that left me scratching my head in search of answers. Maureen asks, “Why is one baby born healthy and whole while another is born with severe disabilities or illnesses?” What do you make of the sentiment?

The author lists psychics and their experiences in the afterlife. For instance, Arthur Ford details how he went to heaven and reunited with his old friend. Also, we learn that our dear departed pets have their experiences in the afterlife. And can you connect with your loved ones when they die? Grab a copy and learn more. Maureen explains to us what happens to the soul when we die. In addition, we have lessons about how our souls transition in the time of death. A young soul transitions differently from an old one.

I enjoyed how authentic some experiences appeared. While some dated back to the early 20th century, the involvements and dialogues seemed genuine. The author includes her experiences with an Egyptian goddess, Isis. Hence, we learn Maureen does not confine her teachings and experiences to a specific religion; there is diversity.

I learned sensational lessons. I will not delve deep, so I’ll mention pre-birth planning, a “contract” with death choices. In addition, one is made aware of how long they will physically live. Secure a copy of Your Passport to Alternative Spirituality and the Afterlife by Maureen Perez and read more. While some experiences were insightful and exhilarating to follow, others were spine-chilling.

Of course, it took time to adjust to some revelations. For instance, a lady survived a grave explosion, and the ordeal was meant to spread a message of hope to the world. However, that was purely an observation. I did not dislike anything. Hence, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. Moreover, the book is well edited, as I hardly found any errors. I recommend it to anyone looking for a guide exploring religion, spiritual matters, and life after death.

Your Passport to Alternative Spirituality and the Afterlife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
FunkyFlowerLady
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

very intriguing summary of the book, it seems like its about psychological beliefs mixed with religions and its details. Some instances are pure luck which makes it all the more interesting and your review is amazing.
Michaeleedsy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeleedsy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Michaeleedsy »

I love having discussions with open-minded people, and I'd love to read this book. The book revolves around spirituality and beliefs of respective religions. I will love to read about the personal experiences that were mentioned in the book. Thanks for your honest review.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Post by Roy Nick »

FunkyFlowerLady wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 04:23 very intriguing summary of the book, it seems like its about psychological beliefs mixed with religions and its details. Some instances are pure luck which makes it all the more interesting and your review is amazing.
Thank you for dropping a comment. The book was an eye-opener and quite diverse. Grab a copy!
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

I am glad that the author appreciates all religions and also shows an understanding of each. That shows that there is much to glad from this story. Thanks for the review because it has made me curious about the story itself.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”