Review of First Spouse of the United States

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chukwuemeka Ezema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuemeka-ezema.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Review of First Spouse of the United States

Post by Chukwuemeka Ezema »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "First Spouse of the United States" by JR Strayve JR..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

First Spouse of the United States by JR Strayve JR. is a fiction novel that portrays Rocky, a young gay man, as he navigates through life.

Rocky Chambers was the stereotypical blonde-haired and blue-eyed quarterback that all the girls had a crush on, but unbeknownst to everyone, he was gay. Sexual tension grew between Rocky and his best friend, Umberto, and an affair began. Umberto killed himself because he believed his sexuality wouldn't be accepted in his community. Rocky found his body and was devastated. He applied to three colleges but enrolled at the Naval Academy to escape his past. While undergoing his training in the Navy, he met Nick and began a relationship with him. Years later, Nick shared with Rocky his intention to enter politics and get married. Rocky was heartbroken by the news because it signaled the end of their relationship. Will Nick's marriage put a stop to their relationship? How will Nick's political career go? Will Rocky's sexuality remain a secret? Read this book to find out.

This book shows the hardship that gay people undergo. Umberto's suicide is one instance. He committed suicide because he couldn't deal with the idea that people wouldn't accept him for who he was, which is a common issue faced by gay people. Rocky's family accepting his sexuality made me happy, even though his mother initially didn't. This book also highlighted the harassment and bullying that gay people and their families go through. Nick and Rocky received a lot of hate and backlash from social media when they came out, and Rocky was even shot in the shoulder by a homophobic man. This book shows its support for the LGBTQ community. Rocky was a distinguished gay rights activist, and both Nick and Rocky used the power they wielded in politics to fight for the rights of the LGBTQ community.

One of the things I loved about this book was the strong theme of equality it contained. If we were all treated equally and without bias, the world would be much better. My favorite character was Rocky's grandfather. I admired his dexterity and readiness to assist Rocky. Even though he occasionally came across as nosy, he always had Rocky's best interests in mind. The only aspect of this book I disliked was Rocky's readiness to bed every gay man who showed an interest in him; it was a turnoff for me.

Due to the positive aspects mentioned above, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was pretty thrilling, and I enjoyed the unexpected turn of events. I found a few errors, showing that it was professionally edited. I recommend this book to people who enjoy reading books about the LGBTQ community.

First Spouse of the United States
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

If you feel as if you have to judge, and so many people do, there are many more important things to judge on. Something that would really hurt you, perhaps.
Mercy Sos Christopher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos-christopher.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Mercy Sos Christopher »

Nice storyline. To me is funny how Rocky beds every gay guy he meets 😂😂. Desperation or not? I loved your review, it helped me understand the book more. Thank you
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

It is quite sad that some people would do anything to keep their sexuality behind closed doors. I hope Rocky does not allow hiding behind the scenes to end his relationship. Nicely written review.
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

The book explores a relevant theme in the world today that revolves around the hardship gays endure because of their sexuality. It seems like a read I will enjoy. Great review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is a great plot. To me, I don’t support this gay/lesbian community, but that doesn’t mean we should not give them the chance to be who they want to be.
Ben Filla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-filla.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Ben Filla »

This is a book I think every young people should read, especially teenagers. I guess the life of Rocky, the protagonist.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

My oh my!!! The plot of this book though somhow talks about what happens behind the curtains. Well written review welldone!!!
PinkRose572
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-oroke.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by PinkRose572 »

Sexuality is a delicate and complex phenomenon. I can't really explain the reasons behind the emergence of LGBTQ. But then, Umberto committing suicide is the solution. We can always change our bad habits through determined efforts and by seeking support from others.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

You mentioned that this book shows the hardship that gay people undergo. Umberto's suicide is one instance. He committed suicide because he couldn't deal with the idea that people wouldn't accept him for who he was, which is a common issue faced by gay people

I do not support guy or homosexuality, It's against God's will. But thanks for your review
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

First Spouse of the United States by JR Strayve JR is a book about a man struggling to live with the sexuality he identifies with. Thanks for the great review.
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

Ws I don't think I can tolerate books that talks about gay stuff. So i will not be reading this book. Great review anyway
Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egenti-ignatius-chimaobi.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi »

Great review. Even though this book doesn't appeal to me, but I like how well you were able to describe in detail the fine points of the book. Good job
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

Well, I am not a fan of accepting gay because I am straight but I love romance, drama, and love genres.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Joyce Nwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

I'm not homophobic, so I know I would love this book. I'm excited to see how the relationship between Nicky and Rocky will go. Thanks for a nicely written review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”