Review of A Doy and His Bog

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Review of A Doy and His Bog

Post by Flourish Sunday »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Doy and His Bog" by A.M. Overett.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Doy and His Bog is a fictional narrative comedy written by A.M. Overett. Doy and Bog were a hilarious duo with a great sense of humor. The duo had an exciting time-traveling experience, and they tried out various jobs, searching for the one that suited their talents. Doy and Bog decided to learn more because they wanted to be more socially accepted at parties and sporting events. Bog eventually competed in the annual international Bog show at the Madison Square Kennel Club Arena Place. Was Bog able to win the competition? Did they get jobs that suited their abilities? Get a copy to find out.

I was astounded by the use of their words as I read Doy and Bog's story. They had a way of twisting words and making fun of them. Because of the comedy that is included in this story, it has a way of making one feel better. The twist in the story surprised me; it was incredibly unusual, and I truly enjoyed it. At first, I assumed the book was just about a man and his dog, perhaps like an animal story. It was clear that Doy and Bog had a wonderful friendship, and how Doy supported Bog during the tournament even though he kept losing inspires us to be the kind of friend that helps others even in the most trying circumstances. I have to admit that I adore this tale.

In this book, Doy and Bog are two of my favorite characters. They were unmatched in their friendship and camaraderie, especially in the way Doy patiently explained things to Bog even though he eventually made fun of it. They remained friends despite all of their interactions. The book's author crafted it such that every word readers read captivates them. This book was humorous and interactive thanks to the author.

There is nothing wrong with the book, and I have to admit that I learned a lot from it, among other things, the value of friendship, teamwork, and tenacity. I'll compliment the author on this masterpiece. I'll also thank the editor for a job well done because I could not detect any flaws in the book. The book is excellently edited.

I rate this book five out of five stars because, aside from the comedy, which was hilarious, it deepened my perspective of what friendship truly entails. Everyone, especially those who have given up on friendship, should read this book, in my opinion.

A Doy and His Bog
View: on Bookshelves
Nwoko E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwoko-e.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nwoko E »

I was astonished by the use of their words as I read Doy and Bog's story. They have a way of twisting words and making fun of them. Great review!
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

I already have my favourite character from your review. I look forward to reading this book. Great review.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

Wow! what a relaxing story that seems. From your review, I could feel the entertaining quality of the book.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

The character's name sounds very funny to me. I look forward to reading about them and knowing if they perform well in the concert. Wonderful review well-done.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I like the book's cover page and title. The main characters too seem to be an interesting read and I look forward to reading about them.
Okechukwu Chibee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okechukwu-chibee.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Okechukwu Chibee »

Great review. Friendship is good if it is valued and treasured by both parties involved. The comic part of the novel is what really got me. Will like to have it on my bookshelf. I can always relax with it.
Chinex Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinex-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Chinex Otuokere »

This book sounds fascinating and from the review, one can get an of some interesting events in the book. Great book and an excellent review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

At first, I thought the characters’ names are Dog and Boy, until I checked it again. This will be an interesting novel. I’ll be on the lookout for this.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

This book will always prick my interest as it involves comedy
It's been a while I read a comedy book ànd I will like to read A Doy and Hos Bog. Who or what is Bog? I asked myself and it's another thing that would deaw me to read this.
JOSEPH KOMA 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-koma-1.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by JOSEPH KOMA 1 »

Great book I just imagine how they twist words and make fun o them. They remained friends despite all of their interactions. Nice Review
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

Seems this novel depicts the story of the relationship between two characters which one of them seems to be a dog. Your review made me understand that.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

I would love to have the kind of adventure that Doy and Bog had. Its not to be taken for granted the benefits of traveling around and searching to see where your talents are most appreciated.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I always enjoy books that talk about friendship. Doy and Bog are very friendly and they helped each other to succeed in many ways. I will read more about them. Good job.
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

I don't even understand what is book is trying to portray but the review has tried to simplify the work and made it readable. but from the look of this, it is about Dog and man relationships. good review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”