Review of Christmas Renaissance

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 759
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Life at the Precipice by R.F. Vincent

Review of Christmas Renaissance

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Christmas Renaissance" by James B. Macomson, DDS.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Christmas Renaissance: Stories of Grace, Belief and Spirit by James B. Macomson is a short book of five Christian Christmas stories. You will read about a man who remembers the Christmas he cut down his first Christmas tree with his father and the disappointment he felt when his father refused to cut down the tree he wanted. The second one is about angels who cry tears of gladness and joy in the form of snowflakes over a man. Next is one about a fatherless family who has nothing and is overjoyed on Christmas Day. Following that one is a story of a man who becomes disabled during a war and wants to give back to God and the world for the talented gift he was born with. Finally, you will read about a town devastated by the deaths of seven children, four adults, and their minister after a disease goes through their small town in the foothills of a mountain.

Make sure you grab a box of tissues before reading this book because James B. Macomson does an excellent job of pulling on the reader’s emotions of love, joy, hope, and sadness. The stories involving children demonstrate how different things appear when you are a child compared to when you become an adult. Although the characters and demographics of the book are fully developed, the author has provided illustrations to support them. Each story has a thought-provoking moral lesson. One of the most important lessons I took away from these stories was the reminder that God has plans for every person and creature, and He never forgets us.

I have no negative comments about this fantastic book. Each short story was just the right length to keep me interested and satisfy me with its plot and ending. The only thing I would consider changing in this book would be to add more stories and make it longer.

I am overjoyed to give this short book 5 out of 5 stars. There was no reason to give this book a lower rating because it has no negative aspects and was exceptionally well-edited.

If you are a fan of short Christian stories devoted to Christmas, this is the book I recommend to you. Although this is not a children’s book, these short stories would be perfect for you to read to your children at Christmas to teach them morals and values. If you do not believe in God or Christmas, you may find this book offensive and want to avoid it.

Christmas Renaissance
View: on Bookshelves
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Short stories, unless they are excellently written, don’t seem to have enough plot or character development. Why are books with this kind of plot usually centered around a Christmas theme?
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I must admit, "angels who cry tears of gladness and joy in the form of snowflakes" is a lovely image, and that's the story I'd like to read from this book.
Tokede Kolawole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tokede-kolawole.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Tokede Kolawole »

A book of short stories. With the themes of love, joy, hope, sadness involved, it definitely would be a great read and an avenue to learn moral lessons.
Edet Joy
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edet-joy.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Edet Joy »

I couldnt believe how mucha book till small in chapters would details the important stuffs
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

One of the most important lessons I took away from these stories was the reminder that God has plans for every person and creature, and He never forgets us.
What a great lesson this book brings to you. Yes, He never forgets us; the human, us, who forgot Him sometimes. And it's a bad thing. I hope I can grab a copy of this soon. I like to be influenced by the author's lessons he gives in the book. Thanks for your outstanding review!
Victor Ayub Migos
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-ayub-migos.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Victor Ayub Migos »

The stories sound uplifting looking forward to enjoying the read. Great review it's well detailed.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”