Review of Intersections

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Review of Intersections

Post by Flourish Sunday »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Intersections" by Andrew Spink.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

An "intersection," according to Merriam-Webster, is a location or area where two or more things intersect. Every interaction with anyone is a once-in-a-lifetime event that could be referred to as an "intersection." When we are open to it, we have the opportunity for our lives to intersect. Also, when we learn from interactions, we have the opportunity to change our lives in minute ways. We meet new people almost every day, and the majority of the time we learn by interacting with them. Sometimes all it takes to make someone happy is a smile, a listening ear, and a caring attitude. You can never predict what will happen to you at the end of the day, but you can influence how you interact with others and choose to make every moment count. 

Andrew Spink's book Intersections: Life-Changing Stories From my Rideshare Passengers was about an Uber driver named Andrew, who took the time to listen, ask questions, and pay attention to his passengers, which led him to write nine life-changing stories about their lives. Ali, the lady who worked as a safety consultant, was among the passengers. Her job was to monitor the workers' mental health. Ali received a distress call from a branch of Techtron in China to go save a young girl named Jian, who was about to commit suicide due to several life challenges, including a rape case. Jian became depressed as a result of these difficulties, and she believed that the only way out was to commit suicide. Ali immediately called a security officer to go rescue the young girl after receiving this call. The author also discussed Clint, who had a pregnant girlfriend who refused to accompany him to his new job location. Other captivating characters were also discussed. Was Ali successful in preventing the girl from committing suicide? Did Clint manage to convince his girlfriend to join him? Get a copy to learn more. 

My understanding of issues like divorce, rape, broken relationships, and others was greatly influenced by the passengers' experiences. The reader would undoubtedly learn a moral lesson from each character's voice and narrative in this book. I adored the diversity of this book—diversity in the masterfully assembled, one-of-a-kind tales from travelers of all backgrounds. Andrew's actions taught me to be aware of my surroundings and that every person you meet on your journey through life has a backstory. Sometimes, simply listening can go a long way toward assisting someone in healing.

It's challenging for me to choose my favorite character in this book because each one had a distinct narrative and a wealth of knowledge. Despite everything, I'll still say that Andrew is my favorite character because he recognized that every intersection has the potential to change people's lives. He is not just like every other Uber driver. He was friendly to his passengers, cared for them, and also wrote stories about them. I learned from reading this book that people behave differently depending on their life experiences. Like the girl who wanted to end her own life, even though her parents repeatedly reminded her how much they loved her, she felt as though life was conspiring against her. One of the most important things I took away from this book is that you should always be polite to others, even when they act rudely because you never know what they are going through.

There is nothing I dislike about this book. I have to admit that this book helped me realize that life is only worth living if you take advantage of every chance to serve someone else. I want to congratulate the author on his extraordinary ingenuity. I'll also express my gratitude to the editor for a job well done because the book is error-free, which indicates that it is exceptionally edited.

Because it has altered my perspective on how to approach life's challenges, I rate the book five out of five stars. I suggest this book to anyone who enjoys reading uplifting tales and also to those who think that life is unfair to them.

Intersections
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

I did not have any interest in reading this book, after seeing the title, but your outstanding review has triggered me into reading it. I also want to have a proper understanding of how to approach life challenges. Great job.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is an interesting review. And just like the author has said, everyone has a backstory we know nothing about. We should be careful the way we relate to others. Nice review!
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

It is a great personality to be able to listen and care for strangers. By doing these, we might have touched many lives. This book, intersections, will be a good book for me to read because I counted it as an intersection with the author.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

I for one know that Uber drivers hear all the stories that can exist among people in the society. People enter Uber for a drive to their destinations and sometimes get the opportunity to voice out their grieviances or share their problems. It's wonder of the author to write these stories down.
Samuel Songs
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

Wow! This book has a nice concept. I wonder who gave the author the idea of writing these stories down. Your review really helped me get a feel for the book and decide if it's something I would be interested in reading. Thank you for being extra detailed with the information you provided in this review.
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Baniaz279
Currently Reading: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baniaz279.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Baniaz279 »

I was amazed by the title in the first place. However, I like the kind of review you gave and I will like to read more from you. Well done.
Newestobc
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-newestobc.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Newestobc »

Your review was quite enjoyable to some extent. I felt the touch. I will definitely be reading this book as soon as possible.
Ladyginger
Currently Reading: The Smartest Person in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladyginger.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Ladyginger »

I enjoyed reading your review and it did a great job tubing insights as to what yo expect when reading the book. You did a good job.
New Nikky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-new-nikky.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by New Nikky »

It's always nice reaching review from you. You never give bad reviews or spoilers and I'm glad to read this too. Keep it coming.
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this book. Your review was well-written and gave a great overview of the main points. I'm excited to pick up a copy and see what I think of it for myself. I would like to read these stories of these people that the author has written about.
Amy Toria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

This might be an intense book because I know that when people open up, you will see complicated lives I'm always on the lookout for new books to read, and this one sounds like it will be a great addition. Your review was very helpful in giving me a sense of what to expect. Thanks for sharing!
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

I enjoyed your review it gives a glimpse of insight into the book and I look forward to reading the book.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

This is an interesting review, I liked how the reviewer talked about Andrew and how he wrote down passengers' life challenges. Nice review.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

This is an interesting review, I liked how the reviewer talked about Andrew and how he wrote down passengers' life challenges. Nice review.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”