Review of Falling Toward Redemption

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Review of Falling Toward Redemption

Post by Moo Reny »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Falling Toward Redemption" by B.D.Vannoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever thought about how possible it is for a friend to control our minds? Do you believe that some friendships can be dangerous and pride can be destructive? Falling Toward Redemption by B.D. Vannoy is a fictional book with chapters and pages.

Chamuel, an angelic being, looks at scientists working towards using humans for experimentation, trying to create a species from humans to subjugate the human world. as ordered by their Queen Alqueora, and he was uncomfortable with this. What happens to Alqueora and her people? Did she succeed in her quest to subdue the world through her experiments, or did she eventually realize that there is only one true God and succumb to God's supremacy? Read this book to find out.

There are many things I like about this book that seem notable. As I read this book, I discovered it's linked to the biblical story of fallen angels who came to earth, had sexual relations with humans, and bore giant sons, the Nephilim. This is not something one can get from the onset of this book unless one reads with an open mind or with knowledge of this biblical story, but seeing how the author embedded this story in this fictional book is amazing. From this book, I learned how friendship can be dangerous; not everyone you call your friend has the best intentions, and I got that from how Lilith was manipulating her friend, the Queen.

Another thing I learned from this book is how dangerous and powerful pride is, and how powerful it is to destroy lives. Seeing the main character's pride and how she ended up inspired me to be humble no matter who I become or what position I find myself in, particularly when in authority or charge of anything. I also learned from this book that Satan is not the same as Lucifer. I learned the importance of obedience and obeying God's word for word, not overdoing what he sends but not going beyond what he instructs.

There's nothing I dislike about this book; this book contains many life-changing lessons; I learned about the love of God towards us in another way; the author's storytelling is so fluent and engaging; the plot and the arrangement are so orderly; this book is professionally edited, and I found just one error while reading it. Because of these reasons, I rate it four out of five stars.

Although this is a controversial book, it has strong elements of Christianity, so I recommend it to Christians. I also recommend it to lovers of fiction or readers who like books that are related to the Bible. Readers struggling with pride can also read this book, and I strongly recommend it to believers and unbelievers on their journey toward redemption.

Falling Toward Redemption
View: on Bookshelves
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

Truly friendships can be dangerous and manipulative when shared with bad people, I like the redemptive nature of God and the fact that I'm sure he did punish Queen Alqueora and Lilian. I'd like to read this intriguing book.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Sounds interesting and I’ll love to read. Thanks for the nice review.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I thought that Satan is Lucifer. The author seems to put a major fictional twist from the original story in the Bible. I somewhat like fictional biblical stories so I might consider this book. Well done for your superb review!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Initially, I thought that I would really like this book. Unfortunately, though, it seems like the fiction involved here changes the Biblical story. I find that disturbing.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is an interesting novel. I’ll really love to read it. As the saying goes, pride goes before a fall, when one is being too prideful, they are bound to fall. Great review!
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

Yes indeed, I do agree with the reviewer. Some friends can be destructive and hinder our path to success.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Agbata Trust
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Agbata Trust »

I love that the question that started the review. It kind of summarise the entire reveiw. The book has a very caty book title and one filled with suspense. Though the first impression I had was that it was a Christian book.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

The plotline of this book sounds interesting. Your review leaves me with a lot of questions that I'd like to know the answers to. Great review.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

Yes I agree that some friendships can be quite terrible. I look forward to knowing if the angel would eventually stop the experiments on humans. Interesting plotline.
Praiyz Pearlumie Olushegun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praiyz-pearlumie-olushegun.html
Latest Review: Because He Loved Us by Sharon Williams

Post by Praiyz Pearlumie Olushegun »

Falling towards redemption sounds like a book filled with important lessons, truly one must not be proud because pride goes before a fall like in the case of Queen Alqueora, I can't wait to read this book for the many lessons. Great review
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I am a fan of sci-fi books with interesting plots so I am definitely giving this a read. Wonderful review well-done.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

I have been reading books pertaining to angels recently and I would definitely give this a go. What the queen was planning on doing was outrageous and I hope it wasn't successful. Great review.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

From your review, I'm assured that the storyline of the book and its characters would be highly entertaining. I look forward to reading the book.
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

This book sounds interesting with lessons to learn and I'll love to read it. Wonderful review, well done.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”