Review of Money is the Root

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Review of Money is the Root

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Money is the Root" by L A Run.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Money is the Root by LA Run is a fiction book about drugs women and money. Mane Boi, who is from the South Memphis streets, went to Solo to get his drugs, but as he was leaving Solo's place, he was surrounded by two gunmen who shot him twice. When he finally regained consciousness after being in a coma for three months, he learned that he had been responsible for the death of one of the assailants but that the other one had escaped. After he had fully recovered, he set out to exact his vengeance, and he seemed to continually run into trouble with women, cartels, and the law.

The author did a great job of ensuring that his characters' dialects were appropriate for their backgrounds. The plot of the book revolves around dealing drugs, murder, and women. There is a significant amount of cursing, including the use of the n-word, as well as violent and sexually explicit scenes. The author even had a great way of making time pass quickly by sending the main character to jail, so that when he got out of jail, his children were already born. This was a very effective way to make time pass quickly.

The sexual encounters were portrayed in a way that I did not find appealing. The majority of it is written in a manner that is more engaging for the enjoyment of male readers.

I thought the fact that the book started off with some kind of action was very appealing to me because it kept my attention. A surprising turn of events was one of the aspects of the book that I enjoyed. I enjoyed reading about the character called Money and seeing how she operated within a criminal organization.

This book receives a perfect score of 4 out of 5 stars from me because it captivated my interest from the very first page. One of the aspects of the book that appealed to me was its simplistic and straightforward writing style, which made it an easy and quick read. In addition to that, the book contained some unexpected turns that I really liked. The ending was very surprising, which added to my enjoyment of it, and it left me curious about what will take place in the following book. Due to the fact that the book contained too many typos, I assumed that it had not been edited by a professional and this made me deduct a point.

People who enjoy a good story about drug cartels, violence, sex, and drugs would benefit from reading this book.

Money is the Root
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
John Kingsley Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-kingsley-ken.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by John Kingsley Ken »

Money is often the fundamental cause of evil or dispute in the circular world. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”