Review of Gorgeous Evasions

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Review of Gorgeous Evasions

Post by Park Cherri »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Gorgeous Evasions" by RW Rudnicki.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Thomas Jackdaw Deadlight is the protagonist of this novel. A professor at SAJE University (pronounced "SAGE") is Thomas, who is referred to as Tom in this novel. In 2075, he will be 105 years old because he was born in 1970. Through the use of geno-bot injections, he was given the chance to undergo bio-rejuvenation, which turned his age back to thirty. Alcoholic Tom loves to pick up stray dogs and complete strangers. He also believes in spirituality. Additionally, he has some physical and psychological problems.

Because it has campuses in both Mississippi and Louisiana, the university known as SAJE, which stands for science, arts, jobs, and ecology, is an interstate institution. There is a long bridge that connects these campuses. There are several genetically and technologically upgraded students at this institution. This school strives to achieve dominion, which is the ability to know and control everything. The students at SAJE are now at risk of being harmed by a strange pink substance called "pank" that is being passed around the campus, which is an issue. When hallucinating, this medication can transport users through time. Tom was determined to find out the truth about this medicine when a young girl named Shilo got affected by it. The problematic backstory of Thomas J. Deadlight is also revealed to readers.

RW Rudnicki wrote the science fiction book Gorgeous Evasions. It was written from the year 2075 on, and its primary subject matter is the usage of technology and the relationship between humans and technology. With astonishing scientific facts, this book is highly fascinating. The pupils in Tom's class initially astounded me. As an illustration, Urjencee possesses an octopus gene that allows her to alter the color of her skin and become invisible, among many other abilities of other students. Tom's personality appeals to me. I like that he never gave up on himself, even though he could appear odd or act odd or unusual. Despite his numerous health issues and other difficulties, he has never attempted suicide. Tom is also an attentive educator. I genuinely ponder how he manages those youngsters, who are so dissimilar to him, yet he nevertheless manages to comprehend them.

In this book, Tom raised numerous technological issues that really struck a chord with me. Even if the world's technology doesn't advance to the point depicted in this book, given the rate at which it is developing, it is proving to be more hazardous than beneficial. In the news, we learn of scientific investigations that failed for the sake of exploration. While we struggle to advance our technology, I pray that some barriers are never crossed to prevent harm from being done to the globe.

This book has many aspects that I don't like. First, the convoluted plot. The book's plot stated that it was about locating the origin of the drug Pank. But because the author began by discussing some personal matters, when I initially started reading, it felt like I was reading a history book. The chapters are also somewhat disjointed. Some sections are introduced at the beginning and left there, but they are later picked up in the book's middle. I wish the author would have been more upfront from the start by defining SAJE and introducing the main character. Around the eleventh chapter, I finally started to get the story. Because I couldn't grasp what I was reading at first, I wanted to stop reading it. I have to read some sentences two or three times before I can understand them. There is also poetry from a book in between some chapters that I believe was written by Tom, albeit the author didn't specify this. Additionally, I discovered a few flaws, proving that the book was professionally edited.

I give this a score of 3 out of 5. I chose the book since it is in the sci-fi genre, which is always exciting and full of fresh discoveries. Yet, this is so intricate. It contains some sexual material, which does not affect reading. There are Bible verses, but since it’s not the main topic of the book. I wouldn’t say it’s a Christian one.

I'll suggest this to readers who enjoy science fiction. Moreover, if you have an interest in technology and AI, It's for you.

Gorgeous Evasions
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

The summary of this novel is interesting and captivating, the science of rejuvenation is a struggle for science in our present days but I believe in the future, it would be made possible. As a lover of sci-fi, I believe with no doubt that I would find this novel both intriguing and educative.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

Artificial Intelligence is so relevant in the world today, and this book explores this element to create a fascinating story. I look forward to reading the book.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

A book about the usage of technology and the relationship between technology and man seem to be an interesting book. I will consider reading "Gorgeous Evasions" by RW Rudnicki.
Chibee Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibee-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chibee Glory »

Technology is advancing and the author pictured what would happen in 2075. This looks interesting to me. Nice review!
Gabriele Mattia Leonardo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriele-mattia-leonardo.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Gabriele Mattia Leonardo »

I've not read this book before but reading your review has got me think that this book is actually going to be worth my while. Nice review!
Joyce Nwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

Books with this kind of storyline appeal so much to me. I'm a huge fan of technology, and I'm sure I'll enjoy this book. Well done.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

2075 talk in 2023!! I am not a fan of the book's genre so I will pass this, but I enjoyed reading your review. Well done!!
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

To be honest am kinda lost in the futuristic event of this book. I love technology but I felt this is too advanced for me. However, I loved how you tabled your review in a fascinating fashion.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

Gene-bot injections? That sounds interesting. If only such injections existed today. It will be in high demand. I'd like to read this book. Great review.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

This book sounds interesting from what I just read from the review. Thomas Jackdaw will be a wonderful character in this book. I will love to read the book. Good job.
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

You wrote a lovely review, and yes, advanced technology can negatively affect humans in years to come if not properly managed. This should be a good read for me as I love sci-fi books, and I wonder how the pink substance called "Pank" affected the SAJE students. I also wonder if it has a positive side, as it could allow them to time travel. Nice review.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

Wow, this book sounds exciting a bio-rejuvenation that turns Thomas age younger than he was sounds intriguing. I would like to know about this scientific experiment. Great review.
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

Science and technology have done a lot in developing the universe but we should not also forget the negative aspect of it. Nice review
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

Such a lovely and informative review, however I'm not so into sci-fi and I wonder why it has bible verses.
I just don't like that it is disjointed and unorganised, sounds like a good book. Great review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”