Review of The Meissner Effect

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Review of The Meissner Effect

Post by E Daves »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Meissner Effect" by R. Grey.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

There is a theory that it is not the leaders who really lead. Instead, some people rule through them. The Meissner Effect: The Adventure Begins by R. Grey reveals a chain of characters interconnected by crime and politics, with people in high places using others, pressing buttons, and blackmailing those they can to achieve their personal gains. This book shows how the elite few manipulate leaders in the government and get them to pass bills that are beneficial to them.

Kevin is a certified ski instructor with six years of teaching experience. His life is quite unique as his grandfather had taught him the Holy Grail Technique (HGT) right from a young age. One day, he was skiing and stopped by the side to rest a bit. He noticed a skier pass by, and another skier followed suit and shot the first skier dead. The person killed happened to be Senator Gregory Welsh, a senator of the United States. The senator has previously proposed the Meissner study bill. However, out of shock, Kevin made a sound that made the killer realize that there was a witness to the crime. Since the killer is working for top government officials, he sought to find and eliminate the witness to leave no trails behind. Will the killer find out who the witness is? What is the Meissner study bill, and why would people want to kill Senator Gregory Welsh for it? Find the answers to these questions when you read the book.

The author's writing style is detailed and allows me to experience every move, feel the characters' emotions, and visualize the environment. Also, the author often gave footnotes explaining many things that might need clarification. I really benefited a lot from these footnotes, and I appreciate them.

The book is well-grounded in science, politics, religion, journalism, skiing, etc. I never thought a book could contain so many different themes till I read this one. What is most amazing is how the author weaves them together and connects them seamlessly. This book has many characters, but I didn't feel overwhelmed at all by them. Most times, when a chapter begins, the author goes as far back as possible to bring in details surrounding a circumstance or a character. This brings out the diversity of the different characters and their histories, making it easy for the readers to connect to the characters. This also gives each character a lasting presence in the memory of readers.

Kevin's father taught him a technique of meditation, which was in line with their tradition. This helped him sense a lot of things that others normally wouldn't. When you read this book, you will learn about this technique of meditation and consciousness and also learn some skiing tips.

This book is suspenseful, and I disliked nothing about it. It was also exceptionally well edited, as it contains no errors. Therefore, I am rating it 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend the book to those who like investigative and detective books. For those interested in the themes I mentioned above, get ready to be enthralled by a story that will challenge your perceptions and leave you guessing until the very end.

The Meissner Effect
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I like how Kevin is able to use his abilities. I’ve read almost half of this book and am particularly interested in Kevin’s new relationship.
Ezennaya D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezennaya-d.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Ezennaya D »

Is the author in a way, trying to bring to notice, crimes committed in the society which are generally thought of as work of chance, to actually be the work of greed by very few individuals? Although a fiction, this book contain themes relatable to our physical world. The review points out aspects of the book the author applied to keep readers engaged. Good job.
Ann Harun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann-harun.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ann Harun »

Kevin's ability to employ his skills is admirable. I've read few pages of this book and am especially intrigued by Kevin's love affair.
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

I'm intrigued with this storyline and hope it ends well for Kevin. Great review, well done.
John Johnson 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-johnson-12.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by John Johnson 12 »

The character of Kevin is well-developed and relatable, and his unique skills and background make him an interesting protagonist. The book's exploration of the Meissner study bill and the political corruption surrounding it is well-researched and adds a layer of realism to the story.
James Smith_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-smith-42.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by James Smith_ »

The book's use of footnotes is helpful and adds depth to the story by providing context and clarification. Also, the author's attention to detail in describing the setting and characters is impressive and makes it easy for the reader to visualize the world of the story.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

The book's themes of power and corruption are thought-provoking and shed light on the dark side of politics. The book's depiction of skiing is engaging and adds a unique element to the story.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

The book's use of multiple perspectives and interconnecting storylines is well-executed and keeps the reader engaged. The themes of family and tradition add depth to the character of Kevin and provide insight into his background and motivations.
Victoria Ukamaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

The book's exploration of meditation and consciousness is fascinating and adds a spiritual dimension to the story. The book's pacing is well done, with the tension and suspense building throughout the story.
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

The book's action scenes are well-written and exciting, with the author doing an excellent job of keeping the reader on the edge of their seat. The book's exploration of conspiracy theories is intriguing and adds a layer of complexity to the story.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: To God Be The Glory! We Must Never Give Up by Charles Wiley

Post by Salome Ogani »

The book's portrayal of journalism and the media is realistic and shows the importance of investigative reporting in uncovering the truth. The book's depiction of political corruption is disturbing but important, as it sheds light on the ways in which those in power can manipulate the system for their own gain.
Rose Lineani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

The book's use of flashbacks and backstory is well done and adds depth to the characters and their motivations. The book's themes of loyalty and betrayal are powerful and add emotional weight to the story.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

The Meissner Effect: The Adventure Begins is a well-written and engaging thriller that is sure to satisfy fans of the genre. The book's themes of power, corruption, family, and tradition make it a great choice for readers who enjoy thought-provoking and suspenseful stories.
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

The book's opening is gripping and sets the tone for the rest of the story. The murder of Senator Gregory Welsh immediately draws the reader in and creates a sense of suspense and intrigue.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”