Review of Lufe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Review of Lufe

Post by Temi Book »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lufe" by Uzma Sandhu.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Uzma Sandhu wrote a fictional novel titled Lufe. The old English word “lufe,” a spelling variation of “lufu,” implies love. It is written from Erhrziel's and Nina's, his first child's, perspective. Erhrziel Lighthaven, a demon, and Adam Vaughn, his angelic guardian, are in love in this tale. Erhrziel (pronounced air-zee-el) is a young man in his thirties with wings and the power of pyrokinesis as a result of his demon nature. Nina, Diane, Uriel, and Gabriel, who are identical twins, are his four offspring from different moms. The twins Uriel and Gabriel, who were born to different mothers, have calokinesis, whereas Nina and Diane, who were born to different mothers, are telekinetic.

Due to the nature of his work, Erhrziel has been apart from his family for more than ten years. Since being seized by the Illuminati, a shadowy group, he has been employed as a murderous weapon. While their family is being used to intimidate them into staying, he and Adam are assigned to a different mission. Erhrziel has an unorganized love life. He had previously divorced Nina's mother, Melody; the mother of the twins is his soulmate, and while being held captive, he learned he is related to Adam by blood, which sets their bond apart from all others. However, Nina has never gotten along with her mother and believes that she despises her. Who or what is to blame? The Illuminati are a threat, and Erhrziel and Adam are plotting to flee. Success or failure? How secure will the lives of their families be? How will Melody react to having to share her soulmate with a man?

This book really is a roller coaster, with unexpected turns in the plot. The author's originality is to be commended. Amazing plot this is, I must say. The book's cover initially drew me in, so I picked it up. A picture of two men hugging while covered by wings is on it. I decided to read this book with an open mind, even though there is a same-sex relationship in it. Future readers shouldn't be alarmed because, while taking up a part of the narrative, this isn't the story's main focus. The way Mr. Uzma writes is appealing. Even though this is the second book in a series, the reader won't have any trouble following along because it is so clear. I enjoyed attempting to comprehend Erhrziel's past and relationships. A reader might initially become perplexed, but after one or two chapters, everything becomes evident.

Likewise, I appreciate how the author described their telepathic interactions. They were written in brackets, while each character's inner thoughts were in italics. It makes it simple to tell which is which. I really admire how well-developed the relationships among Erhrziel's children are in this narrative. One cannot tell that they are from separate moms. They treat one another with the same respect. Diane and Nina could not be separated, despite Nina's mother's best efforts. They resemble twins more than sisters. Even the mothers of the twins and Diane get along well. Erhrziel is my favorite character. Despite being so far away from his children, I respect how he tries to be there for them through their telepathic conversations. He never stops conveying warm and kind feelings.

There are a couple of aspects of this story that I don't enjoy. Nina's persona comes first. She is quite lovable, though. The way she was so pushy bothered me. She was always curious about everything, especially adult topics, which I don't think she should have been interested in. Another element is how the author expressed their ideas, down to the smallest detail that a reader can infer. Additionally, I think some scenarios are conceivable, which makes me worry about how likely they are. How was it feasible, for instance, for Balfor to still be able to drive after having his left eye removed? Lufe ended up in a suspense. I’m really curious to know what happens next in the third installment. That’s how interesting this novel is.

I still give this 5 out of 5 stars despite these factors. It was well done by the author. Additionally, Mr. Uzma warned his audience about potential spoilers for the story. I am unable to criticize the novel because of this. There are explicit sexual scenes, a lot of foul language, and gory events. Therefore, you should avoid this narrative if you don't like it. This fiction story enthusiast has my recommendation. This is a suitable option if you're okay with having a same-sex relationship. It's still been professionally edited, although I did find a few mistakes.

Lufe
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

This is an interesting review, but might not appeal to a lot of people because of what it entails. I wonder if Adam and Erhrziel were able to get out successfully. Nice review! Keep it up!
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

Your review shows that a lot of things are going on at once, I feel the book would be quite confusing, but nevertheless, I'd still love to read it. Thanks for the review.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

The book seems quite interesting. But I find it to be boring and complex. Definitely another reader would find It Very interesting. But for me I would skip. This for the well flowed review.
Kenn Nyet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenn-nyet.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kenn Nyet »

The story in this book from this review does not seem to resonate with me. I will consider passing "Lufe" by Uzma Sandhu. Thanks for the great review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

This book sounds interesting. There are people that would like to read this book. I like that the main focus of the book isn't the romance between males on the cover. Great review.
Chibee Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibee-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chibee Glory »

I commend your review writing skill. However, this isn't my type of novel, so, I will pass.
G D H
Favorite Book: Americanah
Currently Reading: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-g-d-h.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by G D H »

Illuminati? I do not get to read any other literature incorporating this one. Sourcing the inspiration for the story told in this creepy book from his kids could be weird or cute, depending on who’s judging. But then, haven’t we known weirder ones? The pseudoscience thing is what got me hooked, I really have missed the concepts of pyrokinesis and telekinesis being explored in literature. An excellent review!
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

The beauty of love is that it is really blind to norms, stereotypes, traditions and many other elements. It transcends all barriers.Great review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Chiamaka_Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-glory.html

Post by Chiamaka_Glory »

I love books that contain unexpected turns and this is one of them. Love is a beautiful thing that surpasses all and transcends all barriers. I enjoyed reading your review. Well done!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am very uncomfortable with sex scenes of any type. I’m not convinced this is for me, but I am glad that there are all types of books for many different people.
Declan Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-declan-shelby.html

Post by Declan Shelby »

This is an amazing review. I'm yet to read this book bit reading your review has made me feel like it is worth reading and I'd enjoy it.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

I'm not homophobic, so the same-sex part present in the book wouldn't disturb me. I look forward to reading this book. Well done.
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

The book "Lufe" seems to have a lot of twists and turns. I would love to know how Erhrziel and Adam fled from their threat and if they successfully protected their family from the Illuminati. Nice review.
Gabriele Mattia Leonardo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriele-mattia-leonardo.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Gabriele Mattia Leonardo »

This book is an amazing book. Really enjoyed how all the characters were expressed, it gave the book a different look and that's amazing.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”