Review of Lincoln and Rachmaninoff Walk Into a Bar

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Review of Lincoln and Rachmaninoff Walk Into a Bar

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lincoln and Rachmaninoff Walk Into a Bar" by Cherie Magnus.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The acts of man are killing him, gradually making his habitat inhabitable, and slowly taking away his kindred. Global warming is now a threat to man's existence. Not one nation is exempt from this destruction, and if all do not move past resentments, greed, and pride, we will all lose our homes to the cold hands of global warming.

Cherie had been depressed about global warming and its effect on the planet. Then he had a dream of stopping climate change with two superheroes. Abraham Lincoln, the great American President, and Sergei Rachmaninoff, one of the finest music composers and pianists the world has ever known, are sent to earth by the Highest on a rescue mission. Her job is to lead them from Los Angeles to the California coast. On their journey, they meet a lady named Destiny, who decides to tag along with them for unknown reasons, and some arch-angels who better explain their mission to them. Find out in the novel Lincoln and Rachmaninoff Walk Into a Bar by Cherie Magnus to know how Lincoln and Rachmaninoff will save the world. What is Destiny's reason for tagging along, and how did the facilitator's dream go?

I anticipated a different storyline from the book's title but was amazed at the turn of events. I enjoyed how the author carried the readers along in the book, explaining in detail the occurrences that occurred during the lives of these great personalities. I have heard of Lincoln, the great General Ulysses S. Grant, and their contributions during the Civil War, but this is my first time hearing about Rachmaninoff. While reading the book, it felt like I had met him in person or was familiar with his works from how the author presented him.

Aside from the story being an exciting read, I like the author's writing style and how he switches narrators in the book. I like the choice of the book hero and how they share a lot in common. The author did a great job filling in the blanks in these men's lives and trying to balance them. If the dead read books, I know they will be happy with what the author did with their personalities. How he described how the heroes felt when they saw technologies they hadn't seen in their lifetime, like the Lincoln Navigator they drove, is exciting and enjoyable to read.

There is nothing I dislike about the book. It had a balanced theme, and the storyline progressed well. The character development is excellent, and the wisdom I got from it is top-notch. The book canvassed the news that everyone has to join hands in fighting global warming, leaving racism, hurtful past events, and sentiment aside.

I rate the book 5 out of 5 because it is well deserving of it. It is professionally edited and easy to read. I recommend it to history students, adults, young adults, everyone concerned about global warming, and readers of good books.

Lincoln and Rachmaninoff Walk Into a Bar
View: on Bookshelves
Navera A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-navera-a.html
Latest Review: Women of Fire and Snow by Nati del Paso

Post by Navera A »

What an intriguing plot. Global warming is definitely one of the biggest issues facing our world today. I love history, so I might check this book out. Thanks for the great review! I especially liked this line: "If the dead read books, I know they will be happy with what the author did with their personalities."
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

I totally agree with you that the acts of man are killing him gradually. Many do something without thinking of the repercussions thereafter. Good job on this book.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Wow, what a historical story. This is the kind of book I have read about Abraham Lincoln and I will read this book to know more about him. Good job.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

Global warning Is a serious environmental issue, and I commend the author for lending a voice to speak against harmful practices that influence global warming as well as his dream to to save the world. This is an interesting review!
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

Lincoln and Rachmaninoff Walk Into a Bar" by Cherie Magnus sounds like an interesting book to read. I would definitely add this to my reading library.
Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin
Favorite Book: The Inner CEO
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boluwatife-ade-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin »

There are so many activities that men do that affect their life unknown to them. Gradually ozone layer that is safeguarding the from direct sunlight is being destroyed, and constant cutting of trees without replacement. I commend the author for lending his voice to this great topic. Great review.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

This is a wonderful read I must say. I must commend the effort of the author for such a wonderful piece. Nice review.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

This will be a wonderful book to read. How will these superheroes help to stop the climate damage? Your review is well written! Keep it up!
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

Lincoln and Rachmaninoff Walk Into a Bar Sounds like an enthralling story. I love that the book centers on global warming and the fight to save the world from it. Well done.
Chee Amaka

Post by Chee Amaka »

Lincoln and Rachmaninoff Walk Into a Bar" by Cherie Magnus is an interesting book to read. I love the fact that the concept of global warming was discussed in the book.
Chee Amaka

Post by Chee Amaka »

Lincoln and Rachmaninoff Walk Into a Bar" by Cherie Magnus is an interesting book to read. I love the fact that the concept of global warming was discussed in the book.
Baba Thoust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baba-thoust.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Baba Thoust »

I wonder how a president and a composer join hands and save the world from global warming. Ther must have been some drama involved. Great review.
Davy Ifedigbo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-davy-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Small Business, Big Stress: A Practical Guide to Managing the Chaos and Finding Success by Niki Reiche

Post by Davy Ifedigbo »

What a fascinating historical tale. I've read books like this one before about Abraham Lincoln, and I'll read it again to learn more about him. Well done.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers by Archie Luper

Post by Obc Contentor »

What an educative entertaining piece. The educative story of how characters try to contribute to aiding in the planet's global warming is awesome.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”