Review of Earthships III

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Azuka Jessica
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Earthships III

Post by Azuka Jessica »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Earthships III" by Bonnie Jane Hall.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Scientists have speculated that before the end of the century, man’s activities would destroy the planet and make life unlivable for humanity. Unfortunately, this came earlier than expected. Earthships III: Too Late, Tomorrow is Today! is a fictional novel by Bonnie Jane Hall. It looks at the environment.

The author took us into the future with the book and set it in the 2040s. At this time, the climatic and environmental problems worsened, and life was no longer as it was. Wise ones like Laurel and her family, who can forecast changes in the climate, have made preparations by building underground houses called Earthships. This house supplies them with light, food, and other features. The environmental condition worsened, and earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanic eruptions became regular occurrences. How well protected are Laurel and her family and friends? Read this book to find out.

For the author to take us into the future, she must have conducted lots of research and made predictions, which I commend. She even provided pieces of evidence for that. After reading Jane’s biography and her study of the environment, I wonder less about where she got her inspiration. The writer’s love for the subject discussed is evident in the book’s content. I learned a lot about the environment and the little things we do and disregard that are highly important and contribute to the degradation of the environment. I had to do further research on lessons learned, like the term “Bio-Char” and the most comfortable place for crimes.

I loved the author’s writing style. Her writing was very descriptive and narrative, and she wrote figuratively. It made the book more beautiful. The author gets a thumbs up for not just telling us but showing us. It assisted in creating and painting a vivid image of each situation in the reader’s mind. Readers can understand the magnitude of each event. Each chapter starts with a quote on subjects like nature, love, and life. The author intended to warn humanity by demonstrating what will happen if we continue harmful environmental practices.

I don’t know if it is because the book pointed to family and community, but the characters were too much. The author did not introduce most of them properly, and I find it hard to keep up with most of them. I could not properly engage with all the characters. As a result, I give this book four out of five stars. It was still beautifully written, and it evoked emotions. It was painful watching how natural disasters separated loved ones. This book was professionally edited, as I found just one error.

I recommend this book to environmental enthusiasts, scientists, and researchers. Apart from the story, the book contains quality information. Truthfully, anyone who can read without help should read this book, as the earth’s issue concerns us all.

Earthships III
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ben Madeley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

An interesting premise with a book that is looking into the future and the environmental issues that we mught face. It's a real shame the characters aren't introduced properly though.
Chiamaka_Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chiamaka_Glory »

Natural disaster is a heartbreaking phenomenon. I can imagine how the families of those who were separated would be feeling. Nice review.
Conrad Writes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conrad-writes.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Conrad Writes »

Science fiction show a foreboding of what comes next for humanity and this book seems like a way to spread awareness for extreme environmental changes. Nice review
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

I can see a truth on what the scientist are saying. Humans activities keeps destroying the ecosystem. This is an amazing book to educate on the need for environmental conservation.
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

Man has been and continues to be part of environmental degradation since the inception of industrialization.
I'm glad this book portrays the causes and the resultant effects.
I would like to read to know how the Laurel family were able to survive the catastrophe.
Thanks for the enlightening review.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Humans are the most hazardous in the planet. Industrialization has come a long way in polluting the climate and we just pray this story doesn't happen in reality. Maybe it is only a matter of time.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

This is an interesting and a fascinating review. I loved how you captured every aspect of the book. I did enjoy reading your review. This is an interesting one.
Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egenti-ignatius-chimaobi.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi »

A book that looks at environmental sanitation and how to protect the earths atmosphere. Even though its fiction, these themes still resonates in the story of the book. Good job.
Medina Fedrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medina-fedrick.html
Latest Review: Across the Kentucky Color Line by Lee Durham Stone

Post by Medina Fedrick »

The plot sounds fascinating but the introduction of so many characters might make reading the book tasking and cause confusion. I wonder why they are called earthships if they are built underground. Thank you for a honest review.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

It's about time we have these kinds of books published. This is a nice way to create awareness and hopefully start conversations in important global forums. Well-written review. 👍
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Anthony Ekemezie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Crucible of the Damned by Jason Brookshier

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

The thought of reading this book alone is mind blowing. I am always fascinated by books that talk about scientists and research work. I would definitely love to read this book.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

I really love the concept of Earthships. It is a great revolution for mankind. I mean, natural disasters and other disasters like war can be avoided. Thanks for an interesting review.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

The need for environmental conservation cannot be overemphasised. So nice how this science fiction exposes the concept of environment, the future of the ecosystem and what should be done to avoid extreme environmental conditions. Nice review.
Charles Babbage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-babbage.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Charles Babbage »

This books is among one of my favourite books. From the beginning you'd get hooked on it. It's just amazing. I loved your review by the way.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”