Review of Cooperative Living

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 337
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Saschaisms by Sascha Bridges Angela Ziska

Review of Cooperative Living

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cooperative Living" by Jeff Namian.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cooperative Living by Jeff Namian is a book that contains six short stories told with a simple sense of humor. They generally describe what it is like to live in a big city such as New York City. Big cities mean big crowds and lots of people. It also means a lot of variety. You meet a huge and weird diversity that can be annoying, funny, and silly at the same time. The writer talks about his experience buying an apartment and the nature of these apartments. He also shares some lessons he learned from a famous TV show. He shares some of his memories and experiences with his parents. Grab this book to find out more details.

I like that I was exposed to many experiences that amazed me. The story of the free table represents black comedy to me. I saw how people can use something for their own good and turn against you once they don't like what happens. I saw the double standards and how everyone was just looking out for himself. When they were looking for an apartment, I had many things to question. I didn't like the nature of the interview for buying the property, and it drew a sarcastic smile on my face when the writer talked about how the standard of an area changes with the presence of gays. I liked how the writer accepted his parents as they were, although it wasn't easy.

I can't say I hated anything about this book, although I didn't appreciate the humorous reaction to the suicide incident. Sometimes, the pace was a little slow for me, but I mostly enjoyed it. The last story was the most touching for me. The writer's moments with his dad, who had Alzheimer's, were precious and painful. The part when he talked about how he used smells to bring him back and how he learned to see it when he was present just brought tears to my eyes. Life isn't easy at all with this heartbreaking disease.

I enjoyed the stories and found some smiles in them. The book had this quiet feeling all along, which sometimes felt monotonic. Therefore, I rate this book four out of five stars. I like that the editing of the book was exceptional. I didn't notice any errors while I was reading it.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about other people's experiences. It's of proper length and has many touching moments.

Cooperative Living
View: on Bookshelves
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

Judging from the review, it seems this book will definitely be exceptional and with critic lessons to learn. Impressive review.
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

This is a well thought out review and I from it this book will an excellent read for anyone. Well done.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”