Review of Treebus and The Triplets

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Review of Treebus and The Triplets

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Treebus and The Triplets" by Pam Dabon.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Treebus and the Triplets: The Guardian Angel Chronicles, the third book in the series, is a fiction book by Pam Dabon. The triplets each had a purpose to fulfill, and as such, they were given special gifts that would be of assistance to them on their chosen paths.

Graciella Margarita Ortiz was five years old when she met Treebus, the guardian of the forest. He led her to a lighted doorway and showed her a hidden garden. It was grand and unique. He narrated God's creation of the Earth to her. Her twin brothers Gabriel and Gilberto doubted her when she told them about Treebus. Her parents were skeptical too. Gabe and Gil had a chance to meet Treebus when they turned ten years old. They found the garden to be stunning. On the walk, they came upon the darkness that wasn't allowed past the dead tree gate. He announced to them that darkness was coming, and Gracie was the one to fight against it. Gracie and Gabe became closer, while Gil drifted farther away from them towards negative things. Gracie and Gabe prayed daily for him to embrace Christ. As they grew older, the appointed time for Gracie to defeat the looming darkness arrived. Would she succeed?

Gracie's family is all sheds of beautiful. The bond they shared pleased me. They cared and worked towards the happiness of each other. The triplets further intrigued me. They continuously had each other's backs when things weren't so rosy. Gracie didn't fail to see the good in every situation, no matter how bad it was. It was comforting to find out that Gabe and Gracie didn't give up on Gil when he was tending towards mischievousness. Rather, they were patient with him while praying for him to see the light and turn toward the path of righteousness.

I liked the use of some Spanish phrases in the book. Being a lover of Spanish, this element thrilled me. It also added a colorful feel to the book. I admired the author's vivid description of nature. I could paint a mental image because of it. I never got tired of the depiction of nature. Indeed, God's work is magnificent. I liked the sprinkle of humor in the narrative, as this allowed me to have a good laugh in some parts of the book. An example was when Gilberto said, "Grasshoppers in Mrs. Hopper’s desk." Readers would find the plot engaging and the ending gratifying.

I didn't note any negatives. The storyline was captivating and replete with love from the characters. The extent of God's love for humanity was portrayed throughout the book, and this gave off a soothing aura. There is hope for humanity after all, as readers will learn while reading this text. I didn't see any errors, and as such, the book was perfectly edited. Considering these, I'll rate it five out of five stars.

I recommend this book to Christian readers who revel in books with storylines inspired by the Bible. Non-Christian readers wouldn't appreciate this book because the supreme being in it is God and his creation of the world by his power.

Treebus and The Triplets
View: on Bookshelves
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

This book is a complete package for any Christian. It contains all the necessary themes that will interest any Christian. This is a lovely review.
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

The book gave me a children’s book vibe. I am glad it is for adults because there are a lot for adults to learn from this story. Thank you for a great review.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

This is an interesting and a fascinating review. I loved how you captured every aspect of the book. I did enjoy reading your review. This is an interesting one.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”