Review of Carry the Moon Across the Sky

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Review of Carry the Moon Across the Sky

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Carry the Moon Across the Sky" by Jillian Rose.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Carry the Moon Across the Sky by Jillian Rose is a work of fiction that revolves around Selena, who has lived her life so far as a misunderstood loner who always wanted more out of life. The story kicks off with a meeting with Arun, from whom Selena hopes to learn more about working as a designer. This encounter with Arun would take her life in a whole different direction while she commenced her journey toward the enlightenment of her soul, connectedness, and finding love. Nonetheless, to progress on this journey, she would have to search deep within herself where all the answers lie, as well as overcome numerous obstacles.

I must admit that this is a romance story unlike any other I have read. We are taken through how Selena and Arun's relationship develops, but their love is something that transcends just romantic feelings, and you can sense this from the first moment they meet. Their connection had to do with their souls. The story is told in the first-person perspective, and you are fully immersed in Selena's shoes and kept in suspense, wondering if Arun feels the same way. I liked that the story went beyond just sexual elements, which tends to be the first element that most romance novels include. Jillian Rose gave us ample opportunity to get to know both characters in-depth, albeit from Selena's perspective. Nonetheless, the novel did not lack highly descriptive sex scenes as well.

The author also has a unique poetic style of describing things, which shines through on every page of the book. A lot of effort was put into describing the main character's feelings in the book, even down to the different feelings in the molecules of her body. As a result, I got to fully relate to Selena's experiences, especially through loss, fear, and uncertainty. Readers will immediately root for Selena on her journey and may even develop negative feelings for Arun at certain points of the story.

Another key highlight of the book was the inclusion of enlightening and intellectually inspiring conversations between both characters, which revolved around love, connectedness, passions, and desires. Anticipation was always thick in the air for me when it came to this aspect of the book, and I loved every minute of it.

Through the story, I also got great insights into the significance of meditation, trusting myself, and overcoming fear by not separating from it but accepting it when it comes. You will need to pick up a copy of the book to unearth several of the other lessons that the story conveys.

Furthermore, Carry the Moon Across the Sky is a professionally edited book, which further enhanced my reading flow. I cannot think of any aspect of the book I do not like. It was an emotional read at times, and it delivered the kind of connectedness I usually crave from two romantically involved characters while educating me along the way. On that note, I rate this book five out of five stars. If you enjoy romance novels, I would recommend that you read this book. Readers who enjoy books on self-discovery will also enjoy reading this book.

Carry the Moon Across the Sky
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Charles Ashinze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-ashinze.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Charles Ashinze »

I like how relatable the characters were, especially Selena. Most of us are still trying to find our path in life. I also like how detailed and descriptive the author was and the effort she put into the character development.
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

I like when lovers are able to have intellectual conversations. There has to be a good connection for that to happen, unless they are just good communicators. According to your review there connection is beyond physical, their souls connect and that’s the purest form of love.
Jodeci 007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodeci-007.html
Latest Review: Inspiring Moments by Crystal Holdipp

Post by Jodeci 007 »

This is just the kind of romance novel I enjoy, one that goes beyond feelings and sexuality to touch on connectedness. The review is a great read, and I look forward to reading the book.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

This is an interesting and a fascinating review. I loved how you captured every aspect of the book. I did enjoy reading your review. This is an interesting one.
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

I’m always down for any romance book and will add this book to my shelf soon. Lovely review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”