Review of Bees Make Honey and Butterflies Make Jam

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Review of Bees Make Honey and Butterflies Make Jam

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bees Make Honey and Butterflies Make Jam" by John Offord.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This collection of short stories by John Offord, titled "Bees Make Honey and Butterflies Make Jam", is sure to keep the reader interested and entertained throughout the entirety of the book. You have the ability to take pleasure in a wide variety of different stories. You will have to read this book to find out what happened to the very beautiful and talented princess who was in charge of a charity that helped stray animals. If you want to know what became of her, the first story in this book is about her.

This book contains many humorous passages. This book has the ability to make you feel a wide range of emotions, from utter disbelief to laughter, as you move from one story to the next. Every story takes up at least one or two pages, on average. Even though you can read some of these to your kids, there's a chance they won't understand them because the writing isn't always straightforward and some of the tales contain a touch of dark humor. However, you can still read them to them.

When I think about the conclusion of some of the stories, I just can't help but laugh. Despite the fact that the stories are so brief, I found myself really enjoying them. I think that this book would be great for people who enjoy reading but have a short attention span. I thought that each of the conclusions was interesting because they were so unexpected.

The conclusion of the first story was so blunt that it left me speechless for a few minutes and made me question whether or not I had correctly interpreted what I had read. I didn't start to fully enjoy the book until I got to the second story. There was not a single aspect of the book that I did not like. In the beginning, I found that my emotions were all over the place, but whatever the author had in mind to do in order to get my attention worked.

Because it kept me interested from the very first page to the very last, I give this book a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars. Because it was so simple to read, I found that I couldn't put the book down once I started it. I have the impression that the book underwent professional editing, and I thought that the conclusion, much like the rest of his tales, was both entertaining and unexpected.

People who enjoy cleverly thought-out short stories that occasionally have a bit of dark humor added will enjoy this book, which is why I recommend it.

Bees Make Honey and Butterflies Make Jam
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

This is an interesting and a fascinating review. I loved how you captured every aspect of the book. I did enjoy reading your review. This is an interesting one.
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

This seems intriguing and would love to add it to my shelf soon. Thanks for the review.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I'm already captivated by the book title. The part about bees is true, but butterflies making jam? Not too sure. That's why I must read this interesting book.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”