Review of Borrowed Time

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Review of Borrowed Time

Post by Jay David Randall »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Borrowed Time" by Jeff Naparstek.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Borrowed Time by Jeff Naparstek is a fiction novel whose setting is New York City in 1998.

Ben Miller's death is to happen in thirty days, as revealed in his dream. He is to be electrocuted in a car accident on a rainy day while driving upstate. He narrated it to his wife and a close friend, Paul. He was uncertain if his dreams were true, so he met a therapist and a psychic, but it didn't stop his confusion. Ben and Paul were coming back from a party when they heard a noise in a dark place and found a victim being harassed. Ben quickly intervened and helped Karen overpower her abuser while she escaped. Ben went home and told his wife what had happened earlier. A few days later, Karen was murdered, and Ben felt it was Karen's initial abuser who murdered her. He took it upon himself to find the murderer and bring him to the police. While on a mission to find the murderer, Ben eventually found himself in the same condition as in the dream, in which he was electrocuted. Does this event prove his dream to be real? Have his thirty days elapsed as predestined? Find out more when you grab a copy of the novel Borrowed Time by Jeff Naparstek.

What I love most about this novel is the suspense employed. It was predestined by the supernatural forces that Ben would die by electrocution in a car accident; the author didn't review the details of Ben's premonition in time but rather kept the readers wondering what would happen next. I was also curious about what would happen to Ben. The questions I asked myself were: Would he eventually die as predestined? And who is Karen's murderer? Another thing I liked about the story is the style of romance employed. Ben remained a good and romantic partner for his wife. I admired the type of character Ben was; he had a lucid dream of his predestined death and a choice between being worried or happy, and he chose the path that I loved most. He chose to be happy and spend the rest of his days doing what makes him happy and being with the people who love and cherish him.

There was nothing that I disliked about this novel; the concept of supernatural forces was appealing to me. It was hard to predict the events of the next chapter of the novel, as every chapter provided the readers with new creative plots.

I would wholeheartedly give this novel a rating of 5 out of 5 stars because I enjoyed reading the novel; every chapter was interesting and exciting to read. I would also state that this novel has been exceptionally well edited, as I did not encounter a single grammatical error in my process of reading this novel.

I would recommend this novel to readers who love mystery, romance, drama, and science fiction, as these are the themes employed in the novel by the author, Jeff Naparstek.

Borrowed Time
View: on Bookshelves
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is an interesting book. Actually, I thought at first that since he knows about how he will die, he will be able to escape it. But unfortunately, he still finds himself in the same situation. Nice review!
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

I want to find out how things turned out for Ben, this plot is captivating. Great review.
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

This fiction book seems to be intriguing and engaging and filled with twists.
Ben Miller sharing the details of his death with his wife and friend, Ben, would surely build untold emotions in them. I hope all became fine in the end.
Selmuq Voruma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-selmuq-voruma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Selmuq Voruma »

Imagine dreaming about how you will die and then you start experiencing some of the signs. Ben Miller will have a hard time trying to stop that dream from becoming a reality. Your review is succinct.
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

Whether Ben died or lived, he did his best to save lives and get justice for others. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”