Review of Mike Black

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Review of Mike Black

Post by José Cortez »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mike Black" by John T. Greene.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Insurance is protection, but it isn't all about defense; sometimes, you need to get your hands dirty. Mike Black is a story of a man’s dreams and ambition, the travails of building an empire, and the cost of maintaining it. His pragmatic handling of affairs and the caliber of people he surrounded himself with helped him to climb the corporate ladder as well as get out of some tough spots. John T. Greene creates a rugged team of Mike and Jacques as the brain and Lisa and Harry as the brawn. These pair of dynamic duos team up and make everything look professional.

The book was executed wonderfully, as the amalgamation did not spark any warning notes or any turn-off. It ticked the necessary boxes and also gave a feeling of relaxation despite the suspense the book exuded. The book brings a touch of the inner dealings of the corporate world and the hidden world of espionage, resulting in a fascinating tale of resilience and planned execution of brilliance.

I would like to point out that I like the way the author talked about his experiences as a child and how they made him into who he is now. It gives the lesson of how little things can direct one's path in life, whether sublimely or dominantly. I would also like to point out that the flow of the book was good. There was no conflict in character and storyline despite the number of important characters who played major roles in the novel. The book was professionally edited.

The time skip brought about a lull in the story, maybe signifying an end to the action-filled part, but I was surprised to see that the action was brought back into the story in a rather unconvincing manner. This kind of lowered the glamour of the book.

Overall, I must say that the book is a good read. The book will simply amaze its audience and readers. However, it felt a bit dull sometimes, and the negative aspect I mentioned above affected my satisfaction with the book. Therefore, I rate the book four out of five stars. I did not give the book a lower rating because of the positive aspects I mentioned earlier.

I recommend this book to anybody who would want to take some time off with a cool action story with a little pinch of espionage to negate a stressful day or something a bit different from your normal action-packed novels. If this is you, then this book is for you. This book is sure to enlighten as well as make your day.

Mike Black
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Uncharted Desires by Jillian Sharp
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Laney K »

This seems like a fun action book that isn't too much. Thanks for the excellent review.
Charles Ashinze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-ashinze.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Charles Ashinze »

This seems like an interesting read. However, it seems to have a lot going on at once. I'm curious to see how things played out since your review states that there was no conflict in storyline or characters.
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

I like that the. Ook gives a sense of relaxation despite all the action. It sounds like a book one can just relax and read. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”