Review of A Tiger's Tail

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ebele Ekelobi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Review of A Tiger's Tail

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Tiger's Tail" by Alexis POE.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This memoir follows the author’s encounter with David Reynolds, a renowned businessman known greatly for his looks and influence. After an unfortunate first meeting, they reunited three years later, but Alexis could tell life had done a great deal to the once-exuberant man. They get better acquainted, and David narrates the story of meeting Enigma, his dream woman who completely altered his life and all he knew to be true. Theirs was an unlikely meeting that blossomed into a vigorous relationship where one desperately wanted to please the other. Unfortunately, David’s friends and fellow business partners disapproved of the union, causing a rift between him and the group. Soon after, David’s friends start dropping like flies, leaving him in a state of despair and confusion. The detectives work tirelessly to uncover the perpetrator, unbeknownst to them that they are delving into something deeper than they expected.

A Tiger’s Tail by Alexis Poe is a gripping story. I felt engaged right from the first chapter leading to the end. It had an expeditious pace and lacked extraneous information, thereby allowing for a seamless reading experience. The character development made the book all the more indulgent. I felt the author did a great job with most of the characters, like Enigma and the detective, Clara. I felt connected to them, their personalities, and their motivations. The author made that possible by showing their different perspectives in an understandable and relatable way. I loved how the story kept the reader on edge and created an eagerness to know what would come next. I had misconceptions about the predictability of the story, but I was proved completely wrong. This book would leave you completely awestruck, loving it every step of the way.

The book had too many punctuation errors that could have easily been avoided. A lot of sentences didn't have a full stop at the end. I also found a few grammatical and spelling errors in the book, so it's difficult to say it was professionally edited. Apart from the errors, I had no other reservations about the book.

Owing to the different types of errors in the book, I'll go ahead and rate it 4 out of 5 stars. I thoroughly enjoyed reading David Reynolds’ story, and I look forward to reading more about him in the coming books.

I recommend this book to the demographic of readers who love thrillers and mystery stories. One might make the mistake of taking this story as a romantic one, but it hardly is. It follows a romantic relationship but with underlying issues and lots of mysteries to unveil.

A Tiger's Tail
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Prosper2000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prosper2000.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Prosper2000 »

Thrillers and mystery stories always present great storylines. I could tell this is an example of a brilliantly told mystery story. Great review.
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

I'd love to know if the detectives ended up uncovering the perpetrators. This is a brilliant review. It has every element that makes a great overview of a book.
Alexander C Schmoock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

I love the title of this book. It makes me inquisitive as to what the content of the book will be.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”