Review of The Blue butterfly

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Review of The Blue butterfly

Post by Friederic Schröder »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Blue butterfly" by Dixy Gandhi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Blue Butterfly by Dixy Gandhi is a romance, family, and drama novel that depicts the tale of Antra Jaisin, popularly known as AJ by her friends and relatives.

AJ lost her mom at the age of 10, and her elder brother Abir left home because he was angry about his father taking in another wife when his mom recently died. At 15, Antra Jaisin was still devastated by her mother's loss. She became alone and had no one to confide in; her only way to cope with the pain was by gaming or doing nostalgic activities with every spare moment she had. These new attitudes affected her grades in school and led to her detention. In detention, she met Ryan, a senior, who spoke freely with her and not in a pitiful way as others did. They became best friends, and Ryan was the only one who was there for AJ. When it got close to Ryan's graduation, Ryan had to leave for the States to pursue his studies in software. When he saw AJ crying, he consoled her and promised her he would always be there for her every step of the way in life. Did Ryan fulfill his promise to AJ? Did AJ's family finally come together after so many years of pain and grief? Find out more when you grab a copy of the novel The Blue Butterfly by Dixy Gandhi.

In my opinion, AJ and Ryan were soulmates; AJ felt she was dependent on Ryan, not knowing that Ryan felt the same way; Ryan was the only person in AJ's life who knew the way to her heart. I admired the relationship that they had; it was a bit rough and hurtful that they had to say their goodbyes when AJ was willing to take a bold step alone to put her life in her hands. It made me acknowledge Ryan's persistence in being ever-loving and caring for AJ even after many years; he made AJ perform their annual reboot when they were adults, and it left me excited that they performed the ritual after so many years. Another point that I loved about this novel was the friendship between Meera and AJ. Meera was the true definition of a real friend; she made it her priority to ensure that AJ had a life. During AJ's placement day, she didn't attend, but Meera had to do all things possible to convince her to be at Dr. Singh's office the next day.

I was confused when the character Veer was introduced in this novel, and as I figured out the truth about his identity, I felt it affected the storyline of the novel, and I wish the character Veer was indeed real and not a make-believe character created by AJ's imagination. The writer of this novel wrote it in English, but it was uneasy to comprehend in my opinion; I found it difficult to read some passages fluently without breakage, and it did affect my readability of this novel. These were the points that I found dislikeable about this novel.

As I have deduced some points in this novel because of the dislikes I mentioned earlier, I would wholeheartedly give this novel a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. I would also state that this novel has been professionally edited, as I encountered a few grammatical errors in my process of reading this novel.

I would recommend this novel to readers who love romance and drama fiction, as these themes are employed in this novel by the author. I would also recommend this novel to adult readers, as profane words were frequently used.

The Blue butterfly
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Charles Babbage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-babbage.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Charles Babbage »

This story was really nice. I loved the plot and the author really showed how good she was by writing such a piece. I really liked your review.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

Not a huge fan of romance and one would think the book is literally about butterflies and Ryan sounds like a really persistent lover and Meera a true friend.
Great review.
Night Reader 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-night-reader-1.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Night Reader 1 »

This story sounds interesting. Looking forward to read it. Thanks for the amazing review.
Samuel Songs
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

Irrespective of the negative aspects you mentioned, I think the book is an interesting one. I also like how you've analysed this book. I enjoyed reading this review. I would like to read this book soon.
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

This is quite interesting. It’s beautiful to see people who are going to be there for a person when they are going through difficulties. I’ll love to read this.
Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egenti-ignatius-chimaobi.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi »

The good clearly outweighs the bad aspects of the book and in my opinion that qualifies it to be a very well written book. Good job on a well detailed review that comprehensively spoke about the book.
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

I hope AJ's family found their way back to each other. I also hope the siblings managed to heal and found ways to accept and cope. Losing a mother has to be the most devastating thing in this world! Thanks for the review!
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

AJ lost her mother at a tender age and found solace in destructive activities. I hope she got the help she desperately needed to heal.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

Domestic violence, is a diaster that can render home useless affecting every member of the family including the children. Thank God for Ryan whose presence in AJ's life brought a change.
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:

Post by Oluchi23 »

Domestic violence, is a diaster that can render home useless affecting every member of the family including the children. Thank God for Ryan whose presence in AJ's life brought a change.
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:

Post by Oluchi23 »

Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

I love this book's cover page and title. I'm sure the title is a figure of speech to relay the story the author has packaged. I enjoyed reading this review. It made loads of sense.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

I like books that contains and highlights good friendship and that is good meera and AJ and the friendship is what stands out for me most in this review.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

It's fascinating to observe individuals who provide support for someone during trying times; it's truly heartening. I would be delighted to read more about this. Amazing review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”