Review of The Bitter-Sweet Search for a Father

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekuma Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekuma-blessing.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Review of The Bitter-Sweet Search for a Father

Post by Ekuma Blessing »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Bitter-Sweet Search for a Father" by Patrick A. Davy.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The loneliness of growing up without parents and never knowing them can sometimes be felt in life. Patrick A. Davy's novel, "The Bitter-Sweet Search for a Father, " details the touching story of the protagonist, Pete, who grew up with his aunt Bertha while his mother Louise was away studying fashion design. Without knowing his father, Pete grew up. Following scenes of him participating in circumstances where his friends mentioned their father, which made him feel horrible, the entire plot centered upon the quest for Pete's father, whom he had always wanted to meet. Pete then talked to his wife about the whole thing, including where to look for his father. Pete, a married father of two, tried to express his love for his kids and let them know how happy they should feel to have a father. Many obstacles, failures, and despair plagued his attempt to find his father, and it seemed insurmountable at times. Did Pete locate his father? If so, how exactly did he get there? For more information about the complete search, get a copy.

This book has had a profound impact on me. One can only speculate on Pete's level of enthusiasm to see his father. I liked how the author focused the entire plot on what actually mattered and how he chose his words. I couldn't take my eyes off the page since the book was so captivating. This idea overwhelmed me, and I wondered what might lead a parent to leave his son. Reading this novel gave me a basic grasp of family dynamics since I could see how Pete's father waited to see his son, but every time the subject came up, his current wife would always throw open the door to a conversation about it. Despite being polygamous, Pete's father should have learned how to treat all of his children equally. While these books depict the real-life experiences of numerous children who want parental love, support, and affection, they are also entertaining to read.

This amazing book offered so much to be learned from it. I must start by praising the author's fascinating writing style, which draws the reader in. I must admit that I admire Pete's fervor and attitude toward his father's search; his never-give-up mentality is admirable. My favorite passage in the novel was when the main character repeatedly called the numbers associated with his father's name after looking up the man's phone number online. This book has given me new perspective and opened my eyes to a variety of things in life that one may genuinely experience and feel a father's love for once more. This novel taught me a number of lessons, including the fact that every child is deserving of parental love and support from their fathers. I was particularly interested in Pete's decision to let go of the past and live in the present. Since his siblings had not demonstrated a strong aptitude in this area, his father was overjoyed to have a son like Pete to manage his properties and finances.

There isn't anything I don't enjoy about this book because I learned so much from it. I must compliment the editor on a job well done; the book was error-free and free of any grammatical or typographical faults, and I enjoyed reading it.

I rate this book five out of five stars, and I recommend this book to anyone who has given up looking for long-lost family members or who lacks parental love or support to read this book, so they can learn from Pete's experience.

The Bitter-Sweet Search for a Father
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

Kids need both parents and that's an undeniable truth. I hope Pete found what he longed for and that the void he felt was closed upon meeting his father. Heartwarming review.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

I can’t imagine the emotional needs that comes with living without one’s parents.
I love the book title and review.
Thank you.
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to try out this book and know more about the fascinating things in it. This is an interesting storyline.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”