Review of Confluence

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eva Nyaburi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Review of Confluence

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Confluence" by Bruce Nelson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Clay's life was heading in the wrong direction, and he had no control over it. He had recently lost his job, and his wife had decided to divorce him. He had nowhere to turn and relied on his father to come through for him in some financial transactions. Unfortunately, his father couldn't, which may have saved him from lousy investing because the deals were too good to be true anyway, and the company was exposed. During this time, he runs into Sullie, one of his old college friends. They start hanging out together, and Sullie eventually offers Clay a side hustle. The only issue is that the work is illegal, which could land Clay in serious legal trouble. However, he convinces himself that he will only do the job a few times and then get out of those shady drug businesses as soon as he returns to his career. Unbeknownst to him, Sullie would drag him into a bottomless pit, endangering his life. Get a copy of this book to find out what kind of mess Sullie got Clay into and if Clay can free himself from all the problems surrounding him.

One thing I liked about the book is how readers can learn from Clay's life decisions. As I read the book, I had a gut feeling Sullie wasn't a good person, but Clay couldn't tell because he already had many problems. I discovered from Clay's experience that some friends aren't true friends. Without good reason, Sullie put Clay's life in danger. I found Sullie's character dubious and couldn't believe he took advantage of his "friend" when he was in the worst possible situation.

The slow start was one of the book's flaws. Bruce described past encounters from Clay's college years and the things he was always doing. He also went into detail about his sister, Amelia, and several other past activities that would have been better summed up. That made the book's beginning slow, and it wasn't until the book's halfway point, when Clay became involved in Sullie's illegal activities, that I was excited to find out how far his life would sink.

I rate Confluence by Bruce Nelson 5 out of 5 stars. Although the book started slowly, I enjoyed it once Clay became involved in illegal activities and was pursued by narcotics officers and some ruthless loan sharks. I was wholly engrossed in the story, and I was always rooting for him to come out of it a better man because I genuinely believed that the only mistake he made was having a friend like Sullie. The book was professionally edited, as I found a few grammatical errors.

I recommend this book to fans of adventure novels with secrets and mysteries to solve along the way. I must point out that the book contains numerous profanities and references to drug use throughout.

Confluence
View: on Bookshelves
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

Looks like there is a lot of mysteries to solve. I think life did hit Clay hard, leaving him with no job, wife, and money. I’d love to give this book a try to see how things ended for him, especially to know if he went to prison.
Sesyl Ventus
Currently Reading: Ethereal Ascendant
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sesyl-ventus.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Sesyl Ventus »

This story is relatable to me, I don't know for you. Life would come at you sometimes as though you snatched a treasure from it, filling you with misfortunes you can barely survive.I feel deeply for clay and for some reasons, I don't blame him for falling into Sullie's temptation; he needed to live again and life offered him no better option.
I will definitely journey through the copy, it's a book for me.
Well done,Eva. That's a wonderful review.
Veevi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veevi.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Veevi »

This book clarify the saying that life is not a bed of roses. Definitely, there are going to be loopholes in several forms but how to manage them matters. People like Sullie shouldn't be considered friends. This is an interesting review .
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

Sounds like Clay's life moved from bad to horrible. I wonder if Clay managed to escape the shady life. Thanks for the review

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”