Review of Stringless Lives

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony Ekemezie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Crucible of the Damned by Jason Brookshier

Review of Stringless Lives

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Stringless Lives" by Fabiyas M V.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Unexpected events frequently occur in life, some of which may be beneficial while others are not. In this book, the author compared life to a stringed instrument, with the pleasant melodies of existence being constantly plucked out by the difficulties we encounter, such as disease, death, and failures. The author used short stories to tell tales of characters dealing with various difficulties in life.

Fabiyas M V’s book Stringless Lives has 17 captivating short stories. Shelter within the Peanut Shells was the title of the author’s first story. It featured the story of Menesh and Sarova, who were forced to fend for themselves when their parents died in a horrific car accident. This book has taught me that we should learn to pick up the pieces of our lives and move forward. Aachu’s Kaleidoscope was the story I enjoyed most.

I have read a lot of short story collections, but after reading this one, I couldn’t help but feel hopeful and inspired. The structure of this book was excellent, and the tone of each story was appropriate. Thanks to the author’s descriptive writing style, I was able to visualize each narrative in my head. I thought the book’s cover was eye-catching and vibrant. The stories were crafted in a way that gave their titles profound meaning. The fact that the sensations and feelings depicted in this book were true was what I loved most about it. This book’s themes included love, desire, tragedy, death, regret, and lots more.

This book was written with the reader’s interest in mind. It was not overly descriptive, and I enjoyed the little suspense in some of the stories. I noticed two grammatical errors while reading this book. Also, the pages were not properly numbered. They all had the same page number, and this detracted from my overall enjoyment of the book, as it was difficult for me to return to the page I was reading. I would say this book needs another round of editing. Apart from these, there was nothing else I disliked about this book.

I experienced a lot of different emotions while reading this book, and I was able to connect with each story’s tone. I must say, the author is indeed creative. I would rate Stringless Lives by Fabiyas M V 3 out of 5 stars. I removed two stars because of the complaints stated above. I recommend this book to adults who appreciate reading short stories that capture the true essence of life.

Stringless Lives
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to try out this book and know more about the fascinating things in it. This is an interesting storyline.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”