Review of The Founders' Plot

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joule Mwendwa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joule-mwendwa.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review of The Founders' Plot

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Founders' Plot" by Frank Victoria.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The government's arms are supposed to balance and check each other. What happens when there is a dispute between them? The Founders' Plot by Frank M. Victoria answers that question.

Mike is the new governor of California. He is a respected retired army personnel with exemplary leadership qualities. Among the problems awaiting Mike is his state's high population of illegal immigrants. Eventually, his bill to control the immigrants was passed but was abolished by the federal court. In another scene, Carlos and Julio are illegally living in California. They couldn't hide their joy when the court blocked the new law, but it didn't last long because Mike announced that he disowned the court's ruling. A few days later, California was full of protests, blame, and pressure directed at Mike. The situation worsened when Mike's former affair resurfaced, his daughter got engaged to an illegal immigrant, and rumors of his impeachment started spreading. Will Mike back down?

I liked the book's setting. Frank explored all sides of the conflicting parties, the governor and the immigrants, detailing events happening on all sides while letting readers make their judgments. Additionally, I enjoyed the book's mixed emotions, which positively affected my reading. The Founders' Plot is characterized by romance and pain. Different characters show undying romantic love for each other while healing from life's difficulties, such as losing their close friends in unexpected circumstances. The sad feelings about the effects of the new immigration law on Carlos' family and friends can be physically felt by a reader. Also, I appreciate the author for developing his characters and making their roles relatable to readers. For example, Mike, the main character, is a strong leader with profound qualities who also suffers from guilt and other life insecurities, just like a real-life human.

What makes Victoria's book more likable is its focus on the effects of conflicts between arms of government and corruption among political leaders. In this case, for example, the governor heading the executive branch disowns a judiciary order because he's sure they are exceeding their powers and someone must stop them. Conversely, some judiciary members are bribed to impeach the governor. The result is hostility, riots, and deaths. Only if all arms of the government exercised their powers to their constitutional limits, all those things wouldn't have happened.

I did not encounter any significant negative aspects in this book. Also, I didn't dislike anything about it. The Founders' Plot was professionally edited. Therefore, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to readers who like romance and political fiction.

The Founders' Plot
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to try out this book and know more about the fascinating things in it. This is an interesting storyline.
Joule Mwendwa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joule-mwendwa.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

OkonChika wrote: 24 Mar 2023, 03:09 This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to try out this book and know more about the fascinating things in it. This is an interesting storyline.
Thank you for your feedback. It's a nice book indeed. I personally loved it.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”