Review of Mediary ASIN B0BVT7HTTW

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Review of Mediary ASIN B0BVT7HTTW

Post by Park Cherri »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mediary ASIN B0BVT7HTTW" by E.W. Johnson M.D..]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

With a Ph.D. in cellular biology, Dr. Lucas St. Clair is a 32-year-old man. He is employed by Oregon Health Sciences University as an expert in bioresearch. After losing his mother to recurrent breast cancer when he was just eleven years old, Lucas promised at his mother's grave that he would find a cure for all types of cancer. He has been making good on that promise. Even though it was a promise made by a youngster in mourning, Lucas kept it. The institute has given him six months to compile and submit his findings after terminating his study grant owing to a lack of funding.

Lucas notices Kaitlin's picture on a poster as he heads to the lab to test his research mice on this particular day. Kaitlin is a seven-year-old girl. He is studying the same type of brain cancer that she has. Her family is requesting help from the public, as all treatments have failed and her parents have used all of their resources. His best day so far appears to be today. The results of his studies on animals have arrived, and the majority of them had no or small cancer tumors. Lucas was overwhelmed by this success rate. He entered the lounge mindlessly to get some rest. Here, he met Kristen, who's studying to get a master's degree in English literature and creative writing. From that point on, they connected. Lucas is struggling with the decision of whether to apply his new treatment to Kaitlin or not. With the assistance of the priest and Kristen, Lucas has decided to try his best without getting the necessary permission after meeting Father Doyle, the priest in charge of Kaitlin, and having restless nights. Will things go smoothly? Will the remedy be successful? Is Lucas's hope of curing cancer coming true?

Mediary ASIN B0BVT7HTTW by E.W. Johnson M.D., captivates readers with its assortment of events and how they play out. I initially assumed it would be a military novel because of the title, but it was far better than that. The focus of this medical fiction is friendship, love, teamwork, faith, scientific inquiry, and cooperation. Even when things weren't going well for him, Lucas was persistent in seeing things through to the conclusion, which I admire. He is a coffee addict who is a workaholic. I'm sure people who drink coffee frequently can imagine the size of the pot he would always request. I eventually had to research whether drinking excessive amounts of coffee has any negative effects on your health. Before Kristen helped us loosen him up, Lucas was timid, kind, and compassionate. Kaitlin described him as "dorky" at the time. I appreciated that he tried, even though he wasn't a doctor and didn't know how to interact with kids.

Kristen is a different character that I enjoy. I admire her for being so unrestricted and compassionate. She's like Lucas' antithesis; she's unrestrained, whereas Lucas is. They benefit each other. I respect the bond between them. Bad situations don't get them down. In this book, Father Doyle is a crucial figure that shouldn't be ignored. He had a wicked sense of humor. No one could influence him because of his skill with words. I believe Lucas had the strength he needed for the medical treatment because of Father Doyle's conviction. Some minor characters too got me laughing, like the Key Master, the tech boy, and Kaitlin. I really enjoyed reading this novel. The author did a good job. I'll love to read some other books written by him.

I really have nothing to dislike about this novel. There are some medical terms used that a layman probably won't be able to understand, but they won't stop you from enjoying this book. Furthermore, there are one or two grammatical errors and some punctuation errors. They are not so obvious, though. I believe this book still needs to be edited. For this reason, I give this a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. The ending, in my opinion, lacked a little punch, which is another reason I deducted a rating. Even though some characters deserved a certain kind of conclusion, the author made no mention of them. He should have included an epilogue to wrap up these unfinished businesses.

Both adults and teenagers should read this, in my opinion. You'd be interested in it since it's intriguing. I believe researchers can also read
this. You will surely adore this if you enjoy romance books. The little medical occurrences in this story will no doubt appeal to doctors as well.

Mediary ASIN B0BVT7HTTW
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Lucas really had good intentions of helping Kaitlin, I hope all went well. Great review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Phoebe Felix
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phoebe-felix.html
Latest Review: Dark Agendas of Power by Kevin Glenn

Post by Phoebe Felix »

I enjoyed reading your review, as it was insightful. However, I kept wondering what the title of the book means in the context of the book's content. Like you said, it sounded like a military code. I guess I'd have to figure that out when I read the book.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

This book is a captivating and thought-provoking read. The author's writing style is engaging and the storyline is compelling, drawing the reader in from the very first page. I found myself fully immersed in the characters and their struggles, and the themes explored throughout the book left me with much to reflect on long after finishing. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a great read
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

I loved the storyline. I hope Lucas' persistence paid off, and his cancer cure was successful. I would like to read this book to find out more. Great review.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

Certain events in one's life spur one into action. Lucas' zeal to provide a cure for cancer was influenced by his mother's death. I hope he becomes successful in his pursuit eventually. Nice review!
Chris Agbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling

Post by Chris Agbara »

The review is great. I think the book will be a worth while
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
Chinedum Chijioke
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Bones In The Alley by Viterose E Van Huis

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

The book is indeed enlightening, his willingness to help people is one that I admire. It should be a worthy read.
Conrad Writes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conrad-writes.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Conrad Writes »

This book seems like an enjoyable read and I look forward to picking up a copy soon. Thanks for your insightful review.
Mariamm Ibrahim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariamm-ibrahim.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S. Lee

Post by Mariamm Ibrahim »

I love Lucas determination I loved how developed and well organized the structure of this plot is. Your review is great well done
Anabel Mack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anabel-mack.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Anabel Mack »

This book seems nice and I think it would ha e array deal on the readers due to its unique story and your wonderful review shows that.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I love Lucas determination and courage to keep going even when things were not looking good. The relationship between him and Kristen is also admirable. Well done!
Favour Chiedozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-chiedozie.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Favour Chiedozie »

The review is a nice one. I love the determination and courageous act of Lucas, not minding the death of his mother. The storyline is also a good one, and I'm looking forward to reading this book.
John Kingsley Ken
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-kingsley-ken.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by John Kingsley Ken »

This is such a sophisticated novel to indulge in. The fact that am a fan of scientific research component. Am getting this book .
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

This is a wonderful read I must say. I must commend the effort of the author for such a wonderful piece. Nice review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”