Review of Sisters and Surrogates

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Review of Sisters and Surrogates

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sisters and Surrogates" by Colin Wiltshire.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Affinity, Enamour, and Prudence were sisters and had their rebas (registered breeding affiliates); Summit was Affinity's reba, Maxim was Enamour's, and Stone was Prudence's. Affinity's children were Essence, whose alphaspection was coming up, and Wraith. Enamour had a son, Justice. Prudence and Stone had no child. They all lived in the Jot and had beautiful lives, until suddenly, things began to fall apart for Affinity and Summit. Affinity had grave issues with her tiffanys (breasts), which had been molded and diagnosed with untreatable bacteria. Summit was charged with the offense of maliciously injuring Brilliance, who threatened his position as Bustohe. Will Affinity's tiffanys survive? Is there a way out of all this? What about Summit? Was he guilty or wrongly charged and innocent?

Sisters and Surrogates by Colin Wiltshire told the story of a society called The Beautiful Society, where the beautiful were separated from the ugly into the Jot and Dunville. The alphaspection was the most anticipated, especially by those who wanted a Jot life when they clocked sixteen. The Dunville was detested and often times dreaded by those who knew they would eventually end up there when they were old. But sometimes, it turned out the opposite.

There were many interesting positive aspects in Sisters and Surrogates. Since I cannot mention all of them in the review, I will be noting some significant ones. I liked the way modern technology and its advancement were used. I liked Enamour's boldness in proving otherwise the stereotype that only the R-rated should get pregnant and the Jays should not. Her boldness felt real. I must say that the book was really interesting. The author's intellect in technology fascinated me. I kept on wondering if maybe the technology in the book could be brought to life in our contemporary society. His insight into the medical field, how foreign DNA can be brought into an embryo to produce desired traits, and how surrogates could be implanted with two or more embryos to make for multiple surrogate pregnancies made me think he had travelled to the future. The suspense, when I advanced in the book, was what kept me reading because I wanted to know what Affinity would become if Summit was actually guilty. I also wanted to know how Enamour would work out her pregnancy, and if that would dissolve her relationship with her reba, Maxim.

I did not quite appreciate that the author used too many abbreviations. I found this quite confusing because I kept going back to make sure I knew what the abbreviation meant. I got accustomed to the abbreviations at some point, but it was stressful at the beginning. It's a pity that the book had too many errors; otherwise, I would have given it a full rating. Due to the errors, I rate this book a four out of five stars. The book was not professionally edited. I did not rate the book lower because it was a captivating read.

This book has many erotic scenes; therefore, I recommend it to more mature individuals. Lovers of fiction and modern technology would appreciate this book too.

Sisters and Surrogates
View: on Bookshelves
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to try out this book and know more about the fascinating things in it. This is an interesting storyline.
Adeoluwa Adebusuyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeoluwa-adebusuyi.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Adeoluwa Adebusuyi »

This is a good and well written review. You captured all the important components of the book and I would definitely love to try out this book. Well done.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”