Review of The New Prosperity Museum

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Ten Assholes and a Curmudgeon by Bruce Workman

Review of The New Prosperity Museum

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The New Prosperity Museum" by Edward Averett.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The New Prosperity Museum by Edward Averett is a book that talks about the supernatural happenings in Rochester, the Inland Coast of Washington, a place with strange happenings due to the habitation of the natives. He writes about how this affects and takes a toll on the life of young Henry, who has no connection to the natives.

Henry’s life takes a new turn when his friend disappears without a trace as they are hiking. Because of this, he is regarded as a murderer. Things do not go smoothly as he is said to be the Chosen One. The Chosen One is a healer who cures people, and there has always been one from the natives. The present issue is that Henry is not a native. This raises the question of how he comes to play in this whole scenario. In the book, we see how Henry tries to navigate his new role as a healer, how many people he can cure, and how he can handle his powers without upsetting the powers that be. Will Henry be able to balance this with his normal, everyday life? Or will it take a toll on him?

One of the things I loved about the book was watching Henry grow into a man. It was like watching a child grow. I also loved how the writer portrayed friendship, that is, the friendship between Henry and his friend, Phid. I very much appreciated the roles the novels by famous authors played, taking the readers back to the classics. I also loved and appreciated how the author displayed the power of books and reading. It was a good read.

I did not really like the plot of the book. I felt like so much was going on in the book at the same time. While reading the book, I did not really understand the whole idea of Henry being the Chosen One and how the whole Skookumchuck thing worked. The book lacked depth; until halfway through the book, I could not still understand where it was headed. More could have been done to maintain suspense and ensure that the reader does not lose interest while reading. Again, the book was unnecessarily lengthy, which made it boring quickly. There were also many parts of the book that I did not quite understand and that I thought were not necessary to the storyline of the book. The book would have been better enjoyed if certain unnecessary scenes were removed.

I rate this book three out of five stars because while I found it to be a good read, it was not so spectacular and unique. It did not have enough substance to keep my eyes glued to the pages of the book; it was also quite confusing. I also deducted a star from my rating because the book was not professionally edited. I did not deduct any more stars due to the positive aspects I mentioned.

I recommend this book to lovers of paranormal events. The book is filled with many paranormal activities that would interest them.

The New Prosperity Museum
View: on Bookshelves
Siba Tabbakh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Siba Tabbakh »

It's really special book I'm Arabian and I found it easy for me to read this book and it's interesting too ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”