Review of Ten Golden Fields

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blessing onyiyechi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-onyiyechi.html
Latest Review: Running into God by Roy M. Oswald

Review of Ten Golden Fields

Post by Blessing onyiyechi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ten Golden Fields" by Wen Henagan.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Give a Greek a Gun, Old Fart Marriage Parlor, Death in the Ochre Hills, Tler, Something for the Hopeless, Burr Man Rising LLC, Prodigious, Lovely She, Play Toys, and Fifteen Years of Sin are the different stories that Wen Henagan's book Ten Golden Fields contains. When the two decided to get married, Marvin and Maggie were 103 and 100 years old, respectively. Only after getting married did they reveal their new status to their children. What was it that they were trying to prove? Did their children embrace this new circumstance?

Although it is a fertile area, the Ochra Hills is home to large-mouth cats. The Szilla tribe eventually relocated there. To keep an eye on the female gatherers who do venture forth in search of food, Kelta was picked. He heard something behind him one day while he was resting and keeping an eye on the women. However, when he turned around to look for it, he fell into the area where the largemouth cats were. Did he survive the attack, or did he perish as soon as they pounced on him?

Although divided into various sections, I learned a lot from this book. It instructs on such things as love, adversity, hatred, and deceit. I admire Hippodamus and Polykrates' inventiveness and work ethic in attempting to aid in the conflict. This task required them to invest their time, money, and resources, which demonstrates their selfless dedication and giving. I am in awe of Szilla's tribe's guts and fortitude for traveling to an area where the majority of people had fled. Also, they used language in ways that no modern generation would accept as accurate. I also respect Marvin and Maggie for making the decision to fall in love again despite their advanced age.

This story was expertly constructed by the author, who did a great job. Each story was succinct and clearly presented, making it easy to understand. The characters were well-developed, and the plot was not very complicated. Page numbers in the book helped me find any passages I missed while reading. No grammatical or typographical errors were there when I was reading this book. Thus, it is exceptionally well-edited.

In addition, the book is exciting and entertaining. When reading this book, I could not think of any drawbacks. I will therefore give Wen Henagan's Ten Golden Fields a rating of five out of five stars. Everyone who is hardworking and wants to gain more knowledge about it should read it, in my opinion. I'll also suggest it to anyone who wants to discover more about the jungle's inhabitants and how they make a living. Someone eager to learn about discoveries will also get my recommendation.

Ten Golden Fields
View: on Bookshelves
Blackstenius
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

It must have taken a lot of courage for that family to go settle where the previous inhabitants had fled for fear of wild beasts, and this aspect of the book gives me the interest to read the book just to see how the humans' survival was against those large-mouth cats. That two hundred-year-olds fall in love and marry at that age is another interesting bit to the story. Congratulations on the nicely written review!
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.
Peter Emma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-emma.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Peter Emma »

It is amazing how these two folks could find love again. Also in Ochra Hills that has to do with the death of many the Szilla's tribe still took the courage to go and pitch their tent there. Excellent review.
Destinypeter469
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-destinypeter469.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Destinypeter469 »

Love is one thing that anyone and everyone can experience no matter the age or limitation, even in ways never predicted. Also found in a region inhabited by these large mouth cats by the szilla's tribe might be risky to take.
Chikapeter+110
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikapeter-110.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Chikapeter+110 »

These two newly wedded couples, to me, are funny how they found love even in their old age. The szikka's tribe took a risk of going to that region inhabited by this large mouthed cats.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”