Review of The Flower from the Garbage

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Review of The Flower from the Garbage

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Flower from the Garbage" by G. Edward Martin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Two weeks after Joseph found out Audrey was pregnant, they rushed to the courthouse to be married, only to discover a few days later that they had lost the child. Audrey was completely shocked by the news, and Joseph struggles and loses his balance of focus away from work. He resorts to ridiculous systems for comfort and, in the end, regrets it even before Audrey finds out about it. Joseph seeks advice from Frank, a homeless man, and it works out well for him and his wife, who had been alienated since the miscarriage and seem to resolve their differences. But the struggle to maintain his work and be there for his wife in her darkest hours continues to haunt him. Will he give up or rediscover his life's purpose? That is what this book will address.

The Flower from the Garbage by G. Edward Martin is an engrossing read that keeps its audience's full attention throughout the entire book. The book focused on the pain and happiness experienced by a couple as they struggled to survive Mother Nature's downturns. The book is primarily centered on rediscovering man's purpose for existence. Joseph was lost on the path of life; he promoted a lesser concept while ignoring the others, and this almost made him miss his main purpose until Frank came along and redirected it. I was baffled as to why certain characters in the novel had made particular decisions in life rather than receiving credit for the abilities and knowledge they had acquired; they preferred to let the credits roam to anyone willing to pick them up. Frank had the opportunity to make money from the books he wrote and the intelligence services he rendered to people, but instead, he chose to keep his work discreet and remain on the street. The little things that made life what it was, like spending quality time with family, were grossly disregarded, and this concept was undeniably conveyed in the book, and I was quite concerned about the adverse effects it had on society.

The thing that I find most inspiring about the book is how generously Frank was able to give despite having lost everything. With the one thing he still had, he spread cheer and motivation to those who needed it. Even though he was aware that his time was limited, he was still able to make a difference in everyone's life, particularly Joseph's. I can't help but be in awe of how Joseph and Audrey's love for one another, despite their struggle and alienation, made my heart skip a beat. They were able to change their ways and refocus their goals. The interspersed anecdotes made me understand a lot of ideas and concepts that, before I read the first page of this book, had me scratching my brain in search of solutions to numerous bottled-up misconceptions.

There is nothing I disliked about the book. I thought it was intellectual and motivating, and I learned a lot even though I had just started to read it. The book undoubtedly prompted some questions in me, such as how things might have turned out if philosophy hadn't developed and humans hadn't been allowed to explore the meaning of their existence, as well as how the future might be handled if, as a result of man's carelessness, chaos should break out. Would drastic measures be taken to avert another war, or would everyone just go about conducting their affairs?

The book is exceptionally well edited. I found no errors in it. I rate this engrossing tale five out of five stars. This is because the author explores vital themes in the book that will give readers a lot to ponder. I recommend this book to individuals going through one family challenge or another.

The Flower from the Garbage
View: on Bookshelves
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I enjoyed reading your review. It’s well written. I’m sure people like Frank have their reasons for letting the credit of their work go to someone else. Well done!
Francis Ignacio
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimaobi-ignatius-egenti.html
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker

Post by Francis Ignacio »

I enjoyed your review of the book. The way we rise to challenges in life is what makes us strong because challenges are bound to come our way.
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker
Esther Godwin Ogechi
Currently Reading: Adventures with Pop Pop at Grant’s Farm
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-godwin-ogechi.html
Latest Review: Worldmaker of Yand - Eltanin by Andri E. Elia

Post by Esther Godwin Ogechi »

This seems like a compelling book. Frank and his choices are really interesting. I appreciate this review.
For I know the thought I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, not of evil, to give you an expected end.Jeremiah 29:11
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

This book is fascinating. Fank is a model and he gave a picture of life. Sometimes things turns out bad we should be our best self. Thanks for the review.
Ekaete Bruno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

Losing a child is never easy for anyone. You'd be devastated and it might seem like the whole world is begining to fall apart.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

This story seems kind of similar to a certain popular story. I wonder how the story of Joseph and Audrey ends. I am looking forward to reading this book. amazing review.
NutellaBanana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nutellabanana.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by NutellaBanana »

This is an interesting and well thought of book. This is also an interesting and well-written review. This is also a book that I would definitely love to try out. Thank you for this wonderful review.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

It must have been tough on the newly wed couples losing their child that way. I hope they were able to overcome their struggles. Thanks for the amazing review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Suffering a miscarriage isn't an easy thing for a woman but at the same time, Joseph needs to work. I hope he balances it though Welldone.
Oluebube Prisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluebube-prisca.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluebube Prisca »

It's not always easy to find comfort after the lost of a loved one and people deal with pain differently. I understand Joseph struggle and will love to see how he overcome them.
okotie esther
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okotie-esther.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by okotie esther »

Life can be very challenging and difficult sometimes. I can imagine the pain and trauma in Audrey's heart. It couldn't have been easy. No one prays for a miscarriage. It can be very traumatizing. I will love to see how this whole story unfold for this couple.
Nice review.
I now have an idea of what this book entails.
Thank you.
Lightone Maulu 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lightone-maulu-2.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Post by Lightone Maulu 2 »

The review of "The Flower from the Garbage" by G. Edward Martin features Joseph and Audrey in their struggle to find a safe place to get married and safely maintain the pregnancy. Unfortunately, they lost the child and they suffered from shock as a result. The review clearly shows that Joseph staggered from his main focus and resorted to ridiculous systems for comfort.
However, due credit is supposed to go to Frank for giving Joseph advice at the nick of time,which turned Joseph's focus back on truck.

The review clearly shows the importance of seeking advice so that one should never despise anybody because help can come from a homeless person like Joseph's friend, Frank. From the review I'm persuaded to believe the book holds a huge deposit of wealth to mine. This is a nice read, and an undisputed talent to turn words into pictures. Bravo, keep flowing.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”