Review of The Secrets of Becoming a Boss Bitch With a Heart Of Gold

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Review of The Secrets of Becoming a Boss Bitch With a Heart Of Gold

Post by Emily Meadows »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Secrets of Becoming a Boss Bitch With a Heart Of Gold" by Ingrid J. Monday.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Warning: This book review contains profanity.

“Bitch, no one owes you a damn thing. Get off your ass and earn it.” Unknown (page 75 of The Secrets of Becoming a Boss Bitch With a Heart of Gold)

The Secrets of Becoming a Boss Bitch With a Heart of Gold by Ingrid J. Monday is an inspiring book that provides women with the tools and strategies they need to become successful and confident leaders in their personal and professional lives. This book is full of practical advice and real-life examples that can help women overcome obstacles and achieve their goals. The book is divided into a series of chapters, with each focusing on a different aspect of becoming a boss bitch. These chapters are about setting intentions, having self-awareness, communicating effectively, and other tips aimed at helping women be as successful as they can be.

Monday starts the book by defining what a boss bitch is and how it differs from being a “f****g bitch” (page 13). She explains that being a boss bitch is a good thing. A boss bitch is a woman who is unapologetically confident and ambitious and fights back when confronted with something negative. In contrast, a “f****g bitch” is a “powerful but uncaring/evil woman” (page 13). A f****g bitch is someone who enjoys making others miserable.

What I appreciate about the book is Monday’s focus on self-empowerment and not relying on others to do things for you. Monday left home and started her modeling career in her late teens. Doing so taught her many lessons in survival and self-sufficiency. Rather than keep all of her lessons to herself, Monday wrote this book to share them. One of my favorite chapters in the book is the one on smiling and how it can improve your mood and the mood of others. Monday talks about the science behind the health benefits of smiling and tells a story about how smiling helped her become a better restaurant server.

The book would have been more powerful and engaging had Monday included more anecdotes. Weaving more stories into each chapter and telling us a bit more of her personal story would keep readers engaged and less likely to put the book down. When Monday included an anecdote like the one about her life as a model, her transition into photography, or her dedication to watching TED Talks, I found myself hooked and wanting more.

I rate The Secrets of Becoming a Boss Bitch With a Heart of Gold 4 out of 5 stars. This is an empowering and inspiring book that can help women of all ages and backgrounds. Monday's advice is practical and pragmatic, which earns it four stars. I took one star away because it was not as engaging as I hoped it would be. I recommend this book to women looking to become boss bitches; this book will help them achieve their goals with confidence. I would also recommend this book to women who are struggling to take their lives to the next level; Monday’s book has helpful and doable suggestions.

The Secrets of Becoming a Boss Bitch With a Heart Of Gold
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
reviewerbook17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerbook17.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by reviewerbook17 »

This looks like an inspiring book and i'm always in the mood to feel inspired. Thank you for this review.
Natasha Wesley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Natasha Wesley »

Sounds interesting! It certainly has my attention. Thanks for the review.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I knew a woman who speaks so profane words every time she talks but she has a golden heart and her personality like that doesn't degrade her. I feel like Monday has such an expression like this but she is having a golden heart with a brave personality. Though the book has many profanities, I think I will enjoy the overall message of the book: help women to empower. Your review, Emily is straightforward, and I was surprised by the beginning sentence: warning.😊
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.
Kristin Cowan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: By The Rivers of Babylon by Mary Glickman

Post by Kristin Cowan »

I like her definition of boss bitch. It's important to lay that out before writing a book about how to be one lol.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”