Review of The Willamette Chronicles

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Review of The Willamette Chronicles

Post by Flourish Sunday »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Willamette Chronicles" by David Solbach.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Willamette Chronicles by David Solbach tells the story of Delbert Gambler, who lives in the town of Willamette. Delbert was a lovely man who struggled to find the right woman in his life. He previously married and had two sons named Floyd and Jason. He later married another woman named Sandra. As the book progressed, he fell in love with Lucy and supported her financially as she pursued her dream of becoming a trained chef. Delbert worked in the real estate and housing industries and had a wonderful partner named Joe, who died of bladder cancer. Did Delbert and Lucy later get married? What happened to the two sons of Delbert? Was Lucy truly in love with Delbert? Get the book to discover the captivating information. 

I was engrossed as I followed Delbert's story. It's excruciating to be good and keep running into the wrong people. Delbert's story touched me, and I felt sorry for him. I admire his personality because he always had the right answer, even if it was delivered sarcastically. He was a wonderful man who always put others first. Several aspects of Delbert captivated me in this book. He was always eager to help, even if it meant jeopardizing his own safety. This is a story that every reader should learn from because many people are in similar situations.

Delbert is my favorite character in this book because he has an overcoming mindset. He never let the circumstances around him dictate his actions or his reactions to others. I enjoy reading a book that teaches me something new. This book taught me many things, one of which is that you should never let your negative circumstances dictate your actions. This book's characters are all well-developed and given distinct voices. I didn't have high hopes when I picked up this book, but as I read it, I found it difficult to put it down. It would be great if the author turned this book into a series.

There is nothing I dislike about this book. The author is a skilled writer. From the first chapter to the last, the book held my attention. I'd like to thank the author for making this book available for readers to learn from. I'll also thank the editor for a job well done because the book is exceptionally edited and contains no errors.

I rate this book five out of five stars because it has taught me how to approach life's challenges in the right way. I recommend this book to everyone, especially those who believe that life is unfair to them, possibly because their kindness is taken for granted.

The Willamette Chronicles
View: on Bookshelves
Chris Agbara
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by Chris Agbara »

I absolutely loved reading The Willamette Chronicles by David Solbach! The main character, Delbert Gambler, is so relatable, and his story touched my heart. This book is a must-read for anyone who enjoys a captivating storyline with well-developed characters.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
Christabel Ify Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-ify-benson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Christabel Ify Benson »

The fact that the reviewer learned a lot from the book and found the section on stress and anxiety management particularly helpful is fantastic. It's always great when a book can provide readers with practical solutions to real-life problems.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

The struggle to find the right partner is real. Many people are not so lucky at first, so they have to try over and over again. I hope Delbert and Lucy got married and lived happily.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

Delbert's story is touching, he wanted love, and he didn't give up on love despite suffering from not having the right one. I hope Lucy is sincere and truly loves Delbert.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

My negative guess would be that Lucy was just taken for granted the generosity of Delbert to finish her course. I just hope my guess is false. This book surely has many lessons to teach, and I love that it has good character development. Your review is wonderful!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough and well-written review. Your words have convinced me that I should definitely add this book to my reading list!
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

Despite Delbert's past failed relationships, he still tried to give love another chance. Lucy coming into his life added a unique twist to the story. I hope their love withstood the test of time. Kudos on your review.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

when I was little I always feel like no one can influence me. As I grow older I understood that it seem that way when I was young because I was the one influencing the people around me. So the truth is that either people are influencing us or we are the ones influencing them. that's the way the relationships work. I believe when we are aware of this, we'll be conscious to know the side we are and if the side is beneficial for us.
Tari egai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tari-egai.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Tari egai »

From your review, I learned that Mr. Delbert is a good man, but the fact that he has already been married twice worried me. I do hope Sophie isn't with him because of the support he offers her, but I also hope he finds happiness because he deserves it.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I appreciate how you acknowledged the role of romance in the book. It's not easy to blend romance into a suspense-filled novel without taking away from the tension, but it seems that the author did an excellent job of balancing both aspects. I would love to see how this plays out in the book.
Nletachi Otuokere
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nletachi-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Nobody To Me That The Road Would Be Easy by Floyd Thompkins

Post by Nletachi Otuokere »

Your analysis of Max's character arc and his determination to succeed despite societal pressures and prejudices is inspiring. It's refreshing to see a character who challenges the status quo and excels in multiple aspects of his life.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

Wow, I enjoyed this review is great that you pointed out the sexual content in the book. While it may not be for everyone, it's important to acknowledge it and let potential readers make an informed decision.
Silvia Idahosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-idahosa.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Silvia Idahosa »

I think one of the best traits a person can have is an overcoming mindset. If you find reasons to dwell on the unfortunate or sad aspects of your life, you will find them and they will drag you down. It's great that Delbert didn't let the negatives dictate his life.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is an interesting review and I’ll love to read it. I wonder how Gilbert was able to overcome the loss of his wives again and again. He’s quite a strong man. Well done!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”