Review of Letter of Paul to the Americans

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Review of Letter of Paul to the Americans

Post by Lucy Vera »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Letter of Paul to the Americans" by Nicholas F Mazza.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Letter of Paul to the Americans: Creation and a Culture of Life for a Twenty-First Century America by Nicholas F. Mazza is an interesting book. It is a book that analyzes the issues in America today. It talks about the issues that subvert God's divine will in American Christian lives and America generally.

Abortion was the first issue the author talked about. He emphasized how abortion changes the divine will of God in our lives. Abortion does not only affect women spiritually; it also affects the doctors who perform it and the various people who support it. He constantly talks about how each child is “a gift from God,” no matter the circumstances in which it was conceived. He also talks about slavery and racism. These are the main issues in America today. Not only does he talk about the issues bedeviling American Christian life, but he also talks about some virtues which every Christian should possess.

I love how the author started this book. He didn’t immediately delve into the issues which this book is all about. He started by admiring and talking about the beauty of God's creation and the beauty of each newborn. I love the way he explained abortion and its effects. He also explains the effects of abortion spiritually. I was able to understand why abortion is wrong. Every human life is already determined and planned by God. I was able to understand through this book why abortion is found in today’s society. Abortion is accepted by people in higher positions and even some Christian leaders; these people support it and also deceive young women into doing the same. He talks about how America wishes to progress as a country but still condones abortion. I was able to understand the effects of abortion on a country. I love how he not only condemns America for allowing itself to get to that point. He also offers some solutions to the problems of America. He gives us tips on how to approach a pregnant woman who is in a predicament. I love the testimonies the author attached at the end of the book. This allowed me to see the real-life experiences of women who went through with abortion and the effects it had on their lives. The effects could be long-term and damaging to one's life, but it's not something that God and various group supports can’t help one overcome. The language of this book is simple and easy to understand. I didn’t even come across any grammatical errors while reading.

There was nothing I disliked about the book. It was exceptionally written and well-arranged. I had some counter opinions regarding the women who would want to terminate their pregnancy on hearing that their lives aren’t guaranteed. However, the author made me understand that God is the creator of human existence, and he is the only one that can choose to take a life.

I rate this book five out of five stars. I gave it this rating because it was exceptionally edited, and I learned a lot while reading it. I didn't rate it lower because I did not find any negative aspects while reading the book. I recommend it to American Christians and to Christians in general.

Letter of Paul to the Americans
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chanda Kalipa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chanda Kalipa »

I have learnt alot in this book, it as teaches on abortion in woman..
Francis Kapola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Francis Kapola »

The fact that the book begins with a description of how beautiful the world is just by nature, in my opinion, makes it simpler to contrast that with people's perception that they must change the world to make it a better place to live, which occasionally results in chaos like the ones the author describes: racism, modern slavery, and abortion.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”