Review of Seth Bromley Circuit Rider

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jane Ogwang
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Review of Seth Bromley Circuit Rider

Post by Jane Ogwang »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Seth Bromley Circuit Rider" by Kenneth R Leonard, Sr.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We say that faith can move mountains, but for travelling preachers, it gets them moving around towns and villages, spreading the word and professing their faith. I've always wondered what it's like to travel, meet different people, and talk to them about God. I may not know the details, but I'm sure it isn't easy. This was asserted by the life and story of Seth in the book Seth Bromley Circuit Rider by Kenneth R. Leonard, Sr.

Seth Bromley, alongside his companion horse, Joab, set out on a mission to rural America to spread the word. They are on assignment to win souls, conduct marriages and promote peaceful coexistence among the people. This book takes us on this incredible journey with them through Seth's perspective. We see Seth's mission's happy, sad, dangerous, and emotional moments. The author described occasions when Seth managed to bring salvation to hardcore sinners like Buck and lukewarm doubters like Newt. We also experience the joy of marriage covenants between different people and communities and the ongoing pursuit of peace and truce between warring sects. This and some other heart-wrenching tragedies tested Seth's faith throughout the book. Will he hold on to his faith and successfully complete his missions? Grab a copy of this book to find the answer to that question.

The author did an excellent job immersing the reader into a world rarely explored. As a result, I got a front seat to the stories of what it takes to give and sacrifice your life as a travelling preacher. Seth's experiences renewed my appreciation of love, hope, and courage in bringing people to faith. Kenneth also did an excellent job with his delivery; the descriptions of the sceneries were vivid, and the conversations were quite engaging. The characters were also well-developed, with background stories relevant to the message.

I enjoyed that the author included some poems in the book. They made my reading experience better. However, I wish he added more Bible verses to the stories to make the messages even more authentic. I also loved that the book carried a message of hope. The consistent message in the book was that of hope. Even in the face of adversity, we can still find moments of joy and kindness if we remain steadfast. The author also covered several themes quite boldly. Salvation, marriage, adventure, family, grief, and sin were confidently brought to light in the book.

However, there were some aspects of the book that I did not enjoy. First, the dialect the author used in the conversations was quite tricky to follow and made my reading challenging and distracting. In fact, I'd started noting some of them as errors before realizing what was going on. Also, I didn't agree with some of Seth's theological beliefs. For instance, his handling of Buck's situation did not go well with me. Salvation must never even be insinuated as forced.

In conclusion, this book is undoubtedly heartwarming and touching. I give it a rating of four out of five stars. It would be a perfect book if the negative aspects I mentioned were addressed. I have to applaud the splendid editing by the first-time author; I noticed no errors. Anyone seeking a reminder of the power of faith and inspiration for ministry should read this book. The book would be better suited for Christian believers, as the teachings and beliefs are of that faith.

Seth Bromley Circuit Rider
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
malikyasir628
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by malikyasir628 »

Very good book

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”