Review of Catch a Falling Star

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Re: Review of Catch a Falling Star

Post by B Sheila Holt »

Thank you for giving us such a thorough and helpful look inside this very sensitive book about the life of this beautiful woman and mother who is struggling with the knife of addiction. You have done a great job.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: The Complete Guide To Gym Exercise by PRT Endeavors
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Damian Keyes »

Being around a loved one who is addicted to any type of substance is hard to watch. I'm going to root all the way for Aleisha to successfully go through rehab and get her life back on track. Anything can be accomplished through resilience and strong willpower. Congrats to the uathor for having the BOTD.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

Catch a Fallen Star is the true-life story of Aleisha, who is a drug addict and also dabbles in prostitution. She yearns for a better life and wants change; she enters rehab. A truly touching tale. Thanks for your review.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

A tale of a wife and mother who needs rehab for her heroin addiction, Catch a Falling Star by Keith Julius is a sensitive yet raw story that shares details of Aleisha’s life. She would like to shed her addiction and reclaim life with her three children.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Taiwo_Olawoye
Currently Reading: OldEarth Aram Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1femi1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Taiwo_Olawoye »

Becoming a drug addict is one of the worst things you can do to yourself. The journey to get out and sane is easier said than done. This book details the devastation of an addict and her struggle to be sane again. Thanks for the review.
Desiree Duncan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desiree-duncan.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Desiree Duncan »

Your review, along with the sample I have read of the book, do an excellent job of making me want to read more. I can see that this book will trigger my emotions because of the intensity of topics and the heartbreaking nature and vicious cycles of these very real life situations some people go through. Great job on the thorough review!
Sandra Holz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sandra Holz »

This review highlights the major themes in the book, Catch a Falling Star. These themes include drug addiction, violence and childhood trauma, things most people can relate to either directly or indirectly. It also talks about the path of the main character, Aleisha, who struggles to transform her life of addiction into healthier one. It gives a wonderful synopsis of the book without any spoilers as to the ending. Sounds like a wonderful read!
SophiaNd
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophiand.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by SophiaNd »

Aleisha's struggles definitely resonates with a lot of people. It's important that if we are not ready to speak words that will encourage or support one going through things we rather keep shut.
Congratulations on BOTD.
Mayuri Kotalawala
Currently Reading: The Spiritual Treasure Trove
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayuri-kotalawala.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Mayuri Kotalawala »

Time and time again, it captured such sensitive topics in a very gentle manner, not too hard-hitting, but easy enough to follow the slow downward spiral drug addiction could cause a person.
- A very common habit in any country, that should be nipped in the bud. I would love to read this book. It was a well-thought-out review. Thank you.
Tokede Kolawole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tokede-kolawole.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Tokede Kolawole »

Aleisha's journey and struggle is one many people will resonate with because it portrays the life of addiction, its consequences and the possibility of breaking the chains of addiction to become a better person.
    Aayush Shrivastava
    Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Aayush Shrivastava »

Your review of "Catch a Falling Star" truly resonated with me. It's fantastic to hear about your emotional connection to the book and how it handled such sensitive topics with finesse. I believe literature has a unique power to make us empathize with the struggles of others, and this book seems to have done just that for you.

The way you mentioned that the book's chapter length was just right is a detail I often appreciate in a book too. It can make the reading experience so much smoother.

And your recommendation for college students is spot on. Books like these can serve as eye-openers and catalysts for important discussions on topics like drug abuse.
    Namra Shaikh
    Currently Reading:
    Bookshelf Size: 2
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namra-shaikh.html
    Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by Namra Shaikh »

It is a good book to read as many people will get inspire who are drug addict and to lead a peaceful life for the sake of their family.
    Nisha DSouza
    Book of the Month Participant
    Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
    Favorite Book: In It Together
    Currently Reading:
    Bookshelf Size: 163
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
    Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona
    fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Nisha DSouza »

I agree with you; it is a good book for young students who can easily fall prey to drug addiction and the consequent dangers and abuse. The sample pages were intriguing and provided a real-life similarity to some women who end up making bad life choices. The struggles of fighting drug addiction in hopes of leading a better, healthier, and happier life with their families are something many drug addicts may experience at some point in their lives. Although it is a fictional story, I am confident that the essential ideas mentioned in it will inspire many. Congratulations on the BOTD!
    Nisha
    Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
    Sameena Ansari
    Favorite Book: Dracula
    Currently Reading: Losing Hope
    Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Sameena Ansari »

It's rare to find a book that tackles sensitive subjects with such finesse. I'm drawn to Aleisha's struggle for redemption, and the themes of drug abuse and resilience make this a must-read for anyone seeking a powerful, real-life narrative.
    Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
    Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
    Bookshelf Size: 85
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
    Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

I feel for Aleisha for going through such a tough time. However, I'm curious when the reviewer said her extended family and friends didn't help matters. Could it be that she was been stigmatized? I think I need to read this book. Congrats on #BOTD!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”