Review of Catch a Falling Star

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rica Concepcion
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 44

Re: Review of Catch a Falling Star

Post by Rica Concepcion »

The book was good at highlighting the dangers of drug use and educating readers about what will happen if a person is experiencing trauma, violence, and drug addiction. However, it's not the type of book I like. I recommend it to those who like reading this kind of genre. Thanks for the review.
Annette Boateng
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 331

Post by Annette Boateng »

Aleisha's struggles are one that those who have been through such or and in it can relate. Everything about life is a choice and if one wants a peaceful life then one must make a choice to earn it. I have a lot to learn from this novel.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Aleisha's battle to regain the control of her life sounds inspiring. Thanks for the awesome review!
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Atieno Magero »

I like that Catch a Falling Star tackles real life issues that people struggle with. Aleisha's struggle with drugs and trying to change her life for the sake of her family are things that most readers can relate with. I look forward to reading this book to find out what happens to Aleisha and her family.
Zainab Wasif
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainab-wasif.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Post by Zainab Wasif »

I laud the author for dealing with such a sensitive topic in a gentle yet powerful manner. Aleisha’s journey and struggle to create a better life for herself and her children must have been very challenging. I would love to read this book. Thanks for an excellent review!
Shneka Karthick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shneka-karthick.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Shneka Karthick »

The sample was invigorating and definitely seems like one of the books that doesn't hide the harsh truths of drug addiction and the main character seems very relatable. Added it into my TBR rn! :techie-studyinggray:
Vincent Mutopa
Currently Reading: Dracula
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Vincent Mutopa »

pretty comprehensive review. having had the opportunity to work with people dealing with substance addiction, though in my cases it was mostly teens, I figure I'd find this book a good read. from your review alone, I believe it's the kind of books that would be beneficial to both afflicted and affected, as many a time, like you say, extended family don't help matters much, and it helps to know someone has gone through and survived. can't wait to read it.
Danny Anderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danny-anderson.html
Latest Review: Fouling in Business and College Athletics by Gonzalo Fernandez

Post by Danny Anderson »

This book is an essential read for both those directly affected by addiction and anyone looking to gain insight into this critical topic. Thanks for the review.
Markus Tsammani
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markus-tsammani.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Bowling Ball Bombing by Kordel Lentine

Post by Markus Tsammani »

The way the author has depicted the life of an addict with regard for others around them is praiseworthy. We are all aware of the terrible mental toll that narcotics may take. The language and the character are quite real. While reading about Beverly's life as a CASA, The Casa Chronic Volume 1 leaves you with a lot of lessons to learn and feelings to experience.
Sharon Dowdell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-dowdell.html
Latest Review: Party Wine by D.R. Ransdell

Post by Sharon Dowdell »

An extremely insightful look into the life of young women's journey from drug addiction to trying to get sober and the obstacles she faces along the way. The story is told from both Alieisha's point of view and also Beverly, the CASA worker assigned to the case. This story unfortunately depicts an example of a sad, real-life scenario. I was filled with sadness for the children, and a hopefulness that family would get through this situation in time. An excellent review of this gritty novel.
John Owen
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by John Owen »

Even though I'm not all drawn by the book's premise, I think many people will relate to it. It seems an impactful book, and I think I'd be invested in the character of Aleisha if I was to read it. You've got a nice review.
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

This review beautifully captures the sensitivity of the book's portrayal of drug addiction and its effects on families. It's intriguing how it delves into Aleisha's journey with such empathy.
John Arun Kumar
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-arun-kumar.html
Latest Review: Sophistries of Summer Days by Jenny Lofters

Post by John Arun Kumar »

Keith Julius seems to capture the ordeals drug addicts go through and the experience of rehab so creatively in this book. The protagonist Aleisha's story seems to capture a slice of reality out there. You have written the review so well.
Congratulations Keith Julius on the BOTD!
Yvonne Oloo
Currently Reading: Angel Falling
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-oloo.html
Latest Review: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking) by Elizabeth Moore Kraus

Post by Yvonne Oloo »

Thanks for a great review. This is the first book I'm reading about drug addiction and its effects on families. It looks like a great story, I should make time to read it later in the future.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

I completely agree, the way this book tackles the topic of drug addiction without being too heavy-handed is commendable. It's a compelling approach that allows readers to connect with Aleisha's struggles.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”