Review of Stork Lake

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amy Toria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Stork Lake

Post by Amy Toria »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Stork Lake" by L.C. Reid.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Lori, at three, was swept into a world of adventure. Living in a fly-in fishing resort with her brother and parents gave her a childhood of fun bear-chasing and knowledge of the wild. But all of this came to an end at age 18, when their resort was sold to a paper mill. Molded by this life filled with pleasant strangers and a community that raised her, giving all of it up was almost impossible. A wall of hats and the psychic ability of a woman she's known all her life will be left to guide her.

Based on true-life events, Stork Lake: Tales From a Wall of Hats by L.C. Reid is the story of Lori Reid and her family. It is the story of their moving to the middle of nowhere and building a business that didn't just take time and effort but also earned them community and insights. The emotions felt in this book were palpable: the joy of firsts, endurance, determination, perseverance, true friendships, and the immense joy and benefit of collective building.

Stork Lake: Tales From a Wall of Hats is a beautiful portrayal of the human experience, highlighting the individual roles played by each person despite their fears and struggles. The themes of loss, love, self-awareness, friendships, and overcoming fears are interwoven throughout the narrative, adding depth and richness to the story. In addition to this, there are lots of fish in the story. Lots of them!

I so much loved the author's writing style and descriptive power. I felt truly immersed in the story, feeling every emotion of the individuals therein and vividly viewing the scenes. The resort at the center of the narrative is a truly magical place, offering much more than just breathtaking scenery and a connection to nature. It was a sanctuary for those seeking a respite from the chaos and stress of the outside world, providing a space for rest, reflection, and rejuvenation. The resort felt like a different world entirely, one that had the unique ability to ease the burden of worries and imbue a sense of calm into the hearts and minds of its visitors. The healing power of the environment was palpable, seeping into the souls of those who walked through its doors. The beauty of the resort was not just in its physical attributes but also in the sense of community and connection it fostered among those who frequented it.

What truly sets this book apart is the growth and development of each individual as they navigate their unique challenges and find their own path. The power of support from family and friends is also highlighted, demonstrating the importance of community in times of hardship. Through the experiences of the individuals, the story showcases the transformative effects of time spent in nature and the bonds that can be formed through shared experiences. It is a testament to the enduring power of friendship and the importance of finding spaces that offer comfort and healing in times of need.

Overall, I'll rate this book five out of five stars, as I did not dislike anything about it. Also, I found no errors during the course of reading it, which shows that the book was exceptionally well edited. I highly recommend this book to anyone who may be scared of starting something new or venturing into a new business, as it offers valuable insights and inspiration. Furthermore, it is a great read for anyone who loves fishing, as it offers a unique perspective on the activity and its significance to different individuals. This book is a powerful reminder of the importance of community, the transformative power of nature, and the enduring strength of human connections. Whether you are seeking guidance in your personal or professional life or simply looking for a touching and uplifting read, this book is sure to deliver.

Stork Lake
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall.”

Roald Dahl
Husky03
Favorite Book: The Digital Fortress
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-husky03.html
Latest Review: The Fight for Sleep by Thad R Harshbarger

Post by Husky03 »

Thank you so much for the amazing review! I can feel your love for this book from the way you wrote your review and it certainly is enough to convince me to read it too! I'm also at a point in life where any guidance will be helpful so this will be a very insightful read.
Chris Agbara
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling

Post by Chris Agbara »

Your description of the book as a beautiful portrayal of the human experience that highlights themes of loss, love, self-awareness, friendships, and overcoming fears is spot on. I completely agree with your recommendation of this book to anyone who is seeking guidance in their personal or professional life.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”