Review of The Bridles of Armageddon, 2nd Edition

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review of The Bridles of Armageddon, 2nd Edition

Post by Only Joeseph »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Bridles of Armageddon, 2nd Edition" by Keith Madsen.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

After losing his wife, George Marshal was just getting by and beginning to find a new purpose in life. However, everything goes horribly wrong when E.J. Conrad, a former college professor with extreme religious beliefs and a dangerous mission, increasingly influences his son Brian. Conrad's terrifying agenda threatens to displace humanity. Along with a rapidly growing group that would eventually become full-blown terrorists, Brian Marshal committed the heinous act of murdering his father, setting off a series of violent events. What began as a cult-like following of students eventually morphed into a larger and more sinister entity known as the Armageddon Brigade.

E.J. Conrad saw the world in black and white; those who saw gray were marked as enemies. Men in power took the wrong side, and nuclear weapons were unleashed on innocent citizens, causing so much pain, heartache, and death in the name of God. In the face of this, people with different ideologies will have to come together to fight a common enemy, setting their differences aside, and unlikely allies will be formed. Will the war be won, and by which side? Find out when you read The Bridles of Armageddon, second edition, by Keith Madsen.

This book offers a compelling portrayal of the dangers that can arise when individuals take it upon themselves to act as judge, jury, and executioner. The narrative highlights the ways in which a person's extreme sense of right and wrong can lead to unthinkable actions and the unraveling of one's mental state. However, it also presents a picture of hope in the form of the remarkable strength and resilience that individuals can display in the face of adversity. Through the beauty of unity despite differences, the book highlights the triumph of the human spirit, portraying how one's fight for survival can reveal one's inner strength. The narrative ultimately underscores the power of love, friendship, and truth in the most trying of circumstances.

One of the things I love most about this book is its accurate portrayal of human emotions and vulnerabilities. The narrative highlights how individuals can become ensnared by negative influences, lured in by the promise of salvation. It also delves into the unfortunate reality of how people often turn a blind eye to acts of selfishness and cruelty, failing to recognize their detrimental impact. The novel showcases the inner strength and resilience that humans possess and, ultimately, demonstrates that we have always persevered through adversity. The author skillfully weaves together a narrative that not only resonates with readers but also offers valuable insights into the complexities of the human experience. I love that the book's plot has depth and that the writing style did not disappoint in any way.

This book places great emphasis on religion, so I'd recommend it to Christians and people who understand that religion doesn't mean the absence of humanity. I also recommend it to those who love thrillers, especially those revolving around God, religion, and beliefs. I only encountered one error while reading this book, which shows that it was professionally edited. It deserves a perfect rating of five out of five stars as it incites different emotions and is a powerful read. There was absolutely nothing I disliked about it.

The Bridles of Armageddon, 2nd Edition
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Soma Ezenwanne
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

One character that particularly stood out for me was Brian Marshal. His transformation from a vulnerable and grieving son to an agent of terror is both chilling and heartbreaking. It made me reflect on the vulnerability of individuals who are susceptible to the influence of extremist ideologies.
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

What a fantastic review of The Bridles of Armageddon! Your thoughtful and passionate analysis of the book is inspiring, and your insights into the themes and narrative are exceptional. I appreciate your attention to detail and your ability to capture the book's emotional depth, particularly in its portrayal of religious extremism and human vulnerabilities. Your positive recommendation will undoubtedly encourage others to read the novel. Thank you for sharing your thoughtful and valuable review; I look forward to reading more from you in the future.
Ucposh301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ucposh301.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Ucposh301 »

This book is really more of violence, bad behaviour, wrong mindsight often caused by peer groups an individual is associated with. Thank you for reviewing this book and the intending readers more reasons to go ahead.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”