Review of Shelley and Sri Sri in Vijajayanagaram

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Shelley and Sri Sri in Vijajayanagaram

Post by Proof Readar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Shelley and Sri Sri in Vijajayanagaram" by Cdr G,V.Rama Rao.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Shelley, a poet from England, inadvertently ends up in Vijajayanagaram, a Hindu nation. Feeling famished, a generous stranger generously offers him a plentiful supply of fruits. Deeply grateful for the assistance, Shelley expresses his gratitude and is unexpectedly summoned to the royal court. In the presence of the king and the assembled audience, he recites his poems, much to their delight. This unexpected turn of events brings about a life of peace and prosperity for Shelley, as he becomes a regular presenter of his poetry at the court.

However, his peaceful existence in this foreign land is disrupted by the arrival of Sri Sri, a 20th-century poet. Sri Sri's perspective on poetry differs from Shelley's, and Shelley endeavors to convince him to adapt his style to meet the king's preferences. Amidst Shelley's efforts, he faces false accusations, which tarnish his stay in Vijajayanagaram.

Shelley and Sri Sri in Vijajayanagaram is a historical fiction thriller by Cdr G.V. Rama Rao. It narrates the tale of a renowned poet facing unforeseen challenges in a land where he was once highly regarded.

I find myself thoroughly engrossed in this captivating book right from the opening chapter, and there is absolutely nothing to dislike about it. One aspect that particularly resonates with me is the story's enchanting setting, which effectively evokes the tone of a fairytale. The author's mastery as a seasoned writer shines through, as they skillfully convey a myriad of intense emotions with each scene in the plot. This combination of elements keeps me entertained without compromising on the inclusion of action-packed sequences, which I always seek out in books of this nature.

Furthermore, I greatly admire the author's ability to intricately weave the plot together, satisfyingly unfolding each connecting event in the story. From the very beginning, I found myself immediately drawn to the character of Shelley. While his initial circumstances appear to be tragic, they ultimately take a fortuitous turn, leading him to discover unexpected serenity in a strange land before the plot thickens in its climactic moments.

What truly sets this book apart for me is its depiction of love, relational wisdom, and the appreciation of talents and their just rewards. The narrative maintains a moderate pace, neither dragging nor feeling rushed. This quality ensures that the story will likely resonate with a wide audience, especially those who appreciate tales resembling folklore and conclude with valuable moral lessons.

From a literary standpoint, I was unable to detect any grammar errors throughout the book. The writing style and sentence structure are both easily comprehensible, making it a breeze to immerse oneself in the story. It is evident that the author possesses exceptional writing prowess, crafting their prose with effortless finesse. Consequently, I wholeheartedly award this book a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

Shelley and Sri Sri in Vijajayanagaram
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

While I am not interested in historical fiction, this sounds mor like a thriller to me. I am curious ad to the nature of the conflict between Shelley and Sri Sri. Surely here is something besides just the difference in poetic style.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse by Tim Ferguson

Post by Obc Contentor »

I enjoyed reading the summary of your review. The plot sounds like a fairy tale truly.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”