Review of Once Upon a Time in Beverly Hills

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mariamm Ibrahim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariamm-ibrahim.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S. Lee

Review of Once Upon a Time in Beverly Hills

Post by Mariamm Ibrahim »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Once Upon a Time in Beverly Hills" by Elaine Franklin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A fantastic character in this book, Joanna Leighton, is a talented decorator who lacks self-confidence in her size and appearance. She's constantly searching for a strategy to shed weight since she worries about how other people will perceive her excessive weight. She's forced to choose between losing weight and keeping her career after an incident at work.

A couple of Joanna's friends showed up to help her celebrate her birthday, but Lauren had to depart due to an urgent matter. On their way back, after saying goodbye to her, they decided to stop by an antique shop. Joanna was given a ring to make a wish with when an elderly woman approached Nikki and Joanna after they entered. How did she express her wish? Can she hope for what she wants? For additional information, read Elaine Franklin's Once Upon a Time in Beverly Hills.

I admire the way these buddies confide in one another in this book. They are always supportive of one another's pursuit of their goals. Joanna's friends Nikki and Lauren remained by her and constantly offered her words of support, even when it appeared like her career was crumbling. As we follow each character, the plot becomes relatable. I adore the author's writing; I find this story to be compelling, and I found myself turning pages without wanting to stop. We frequently utter the phrase "if only" when we want things to go smoothly right away.

This book's portrayal of Joanna's continued weight loss as unrealistic and inaccurate is what turned me off. Not everyone accepts magic as real. Furthermore, I don't believe someone could lose that much weight in such a short amount of time. I'll rate this book a rating of 4 out of 5 stars as a result. There isn't anything else about this book that I detest, and I found all the other things to be enjoyable, except for Joanna's quick transformation from a very overweight woman to a very slender woman. There were a few errors in this book that I identified. It’s professionally edited.

Both adults and teenagers should read this book, in my opinion. It's entertaining to read this book. Those who feel uncomfortable with their bodies or how they look should pick up this book; it will be beneficial.

Once Upon a Time in Beverly Hills
View: on Bookshelves
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

I loved the cover of the book. It resonates so many things. Further, your review enhanses the overall quality of the book. Good review.
Sarah Zain
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

Your review manage to cover the main highlights of the book. I do believe in magic a little bit but not the unreachable one . I agree with you about the credibility of the fast weight loss. You made me think about this book sure I will read it later.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
James Williams Uzo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-u.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by James Williams Uzo »

Those who feel uncomfortable with their bodies or how they look will have a great time reading this book. Good review.
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

One thing must attract a reader to a book; the cover page and the title of the book did. This book will be a good read for people who are concerned about physical appearance. Thanks for the review
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Jane Honda »

If there is anything that would prompt me to read this book, it will be the book cover. I can't say much about the book because I haven't read it but the review seems to tell the story of an interesting book.
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Francis Kapola »

Your skepticism regarding the quickness of the weight loss is valid. Losing a significant amount of weight in a short amount of time can indeed be challenging and may not be feasible or healthy for everyone.
Nkem blessy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkem-blessy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Nkem blessy »

This book must be very interesting. I will like to read it. The knowledge of losing weight will be very beneficial to me. Nice review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”