Review of Loving & Leaving

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Review of Loving & Leaving

Post by Amanda Warner »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Loving & Leaving" by Jack Lucci.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

There are times we wish to go back in time and right our wrongs or do things in a better way and different from what we did, but we realize that it is already too late to do so. Jack Lucci talks about his addictions, lost love, and regrets in his book Loving & Leaving. His memoir details his life, the places he traveled while trying to run away from his addiction, his love affair, and others. He noticed that he was the kind of person who found it hard to be committed to a relationship, but that didn't stop him from falling in love. Jack was working at a restaurant called Olive. He dropped his job and sold his car to travel to Italy with the aim of running away from his addiction. How was Jack's life in Italy? And did he stop his addiction? Get a copy of this book and read it to learn more.

I enjoyed reading the part where he traveled to Italy, enrolled in David's school, and visited where his grandparents lived before immigrating to Pennsylvania. One phrase I held dear to my heart from this book was what Jack said: "Some things lost can never be regained, no matter the level of effort to retrieve them," which I agreed to. Furthermore, I got to understand that sometimes, if we try to set things right and make them work for the better and they don't, we should walk away from them in order not to end up getting hurt, as our peace of mind and health are most important.

I loved how the author detailed his story and the people he mingled with. I also loved how Jack lived his life to the fullest and how he felt remorseful for his wrongdoings. Furthermore, I loved that he was always ready to take responsibility for his actions and was always open to changes. The cover of this book was also captivating to me and seemed to convey meaning to me when I read the content of the book, which is another thing I also admired.

I didn't see anything to criticize about this book, as I loved reading it. In my process of reading, I came across just one error, which stipulates that this book was professionally edited. I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars because of all my likes given above.

I recommend this book to those who live with regrets based on their past, as they would learn from Jack's story.

Loving & Leaving
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Great concise review! I really like the title, Loving and Leaving. Something's if gone will not come back, so all you can do is leave it and be at peace. I would like to read Jacks memoir based on what I have read from your review, it sounds worth reading and understanding.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Memoirs are not my favorite form of literature, but I can identify with wanting to change things and not being sure how to do so.
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

A well written memoir is one of my go-to selection. Your well written review makes it easier to select this one. This seems to be something that we can all relate to.
Anabel Mack
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anabel-mack.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Anabel Mack »

Yes. If only we could go back to the past, or even had little power to, oh how things could had been different. But that's merely a wish.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This seem like an interesting memoir in a story form, and I’ll love to read this. Are there decisions the author took late? I’ll like to know more about them.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”